INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experienced Gardener looking for work

3 posters

Go down

Experienced Gardener looking for work Empty Experienced Gardener looking for work

Post by simpsca Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:11 am

I have an experienced gardener looking for work. He has worked for me for 7 months and I am very happy with his work - he also paints, can do pool maintenance and other odd jobs. He is willing to work anywhere.

His name is Gabriel - cel phone 045 331-097-8367
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Experienced Gardener looking for work Empty Re: Experienced Gardener looking for work

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Does he have his own mower? What does he charge?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Experienced Gardener looking for work Empty Re: Experienced Gardener looking for work

Post by itsme Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:35 pm

A little off topic, but when is a gardner not an employee but a contractor, or business? Is he an employee when he comes and uses your tools? If he has all his own equipment, does that make him a contractor or business? Curious as NOB there apparently is a difference between an hourly employee and one who charges for the job (I think).

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:57 pm

I don't know if he has a mower but he doesn't have a truck. He uses all my tools, I've always had my own - push mower - only one gardener I've had came with his own tools, the others came on a bicycle and used my tools. I have to discuss pay with him. I pay him 250 pesos for Sat. which is a short day - about 5 to 6 hours and he works till it's done (local gardeners here get 40 pesos per hour). He sweeps my roof of leaves - trims trees back off my roof, cuts the grass and uses a weed waker to trim, pulls the weeds, scruffs the dirt around my trees and gardens (yard is large), trims my trees and bushes - not every week but he will ask - and trims them the way I want, will clean my fountain when I ask, sweeps up and bags the trimmings. He works with my compost mixing it and puts it on the garden. He does touch up painting and some cement work for me That's all I can think of for now.

He shows up when he is supposed to. Can't think of anything else right now.

I don't know when a worker is full time or an employee vs independent contractor.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down