INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone service in Mexico-Are SIM's available in Ajijic?

4 posters

Go down

Phone service in Mexico-Are SIM's available in Ajijic? Empty Phone service in Mexico-Are SIM's available in Ajijic?

Post by LMarkoya Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:48 am

As many of you know, my wife and I aare making our initial visit starting next week to Ajijic. My iPhone 4 will not get service down theere and there is no roaming....since it is unlocked I can use a SIM from any carrier, so I wondered are there SIM's available down there so I can get service for a short time, or is it something I should take care of before I leave?
Thanks
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Phone service in Mexico-Are SIM's available in Ajijic? Empty Re: Phone service in Mexico-Are SIM's available in Ajijic?

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:50 am

Yes you can go into any TelCel store and get a sim card for 150 pesos. You can then load it up with prepaid minutes. Very quick and easy.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Phone service in Mexico-Are SIM's available in Ajijic? Empty Re: Phone service in Mexico-Are SIM's available in Ajijic?

Post by David Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Curious why you believe your phone won't work here, all the major carriers work here. Roaming is costly though.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by LMarkoya Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:16 pm

I use H2O on my iPhone which really is an ATT carrier, but only costs me $50 a month with data...no contract. H2O says there is no coverage outside the US...I just believed them, but...since SIM's can be had easlily down there...I'll certainly see if there is coverage first
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Good idea. AT&T does work here but maybe something that H2O doesn't allow. Easy to get a SIM here.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:13 am

Is it a normal SIM card? I was under the impression that the iPhone 4 SIM cards are different than the normal SIM card. I know the iPhone 3gs has a normal SIM, but thought the iPhone 4 was different.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down