INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spinal Decompression

5 posters

Go down

Spinal Decompression Empty Spinal Decompression

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Hola Dr. Pablo, are you familiar with a new procedure for people with disc problems in their backs called Spinal Decompression. It is a far more advanced machine than the old traction devices. Just wondering what your thoughts were about this procedure and if anyone in Guad is performing this.

Gracias,

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Spinal Decompression Empty Re: Spinal Decompression

Post by Dr Juan Pablo Loza Méndez Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:36 am

Hi Bob, again the good result for that kind of machin depending on the spine patology (desease) of the pacient (I need to know what is the problem).
I need to go to Gdl next week to performe a sergury, i promise to ask in the hospital about it, and i let you know, Ok?
Dr Juan Pablo Loza Méndez

Humor : Contemplative

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:39 am

OK

Gracias
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Bob- I just got an inversion table a couple weeks ago. Not magic, but certainly does help. The best part, you don't pedal or anything-just hang there. At first your guts try to squish your lungs, but you get used to it.
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnygirl Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Walter, that's what I was going to suggest because I use one. @3 years ago, I couldn't walk and was on bed rest for 3 months! It was one of the most horrible times of my life :(

A good diet, regular exercise, heating pad, a support belt & pillow are part of my life. I get by w/an occasional Advil. But we don't have a bedroom set. My gym & inversion table take up most of the room. Sometimes I wonder if having surgery and being careful would be a better option for me, since I'm still young enough to do it. But I sure don't want to. If you don't be careful you can develop that flap foot problem and poor circulation. My grandpa had that and by the time he was in his 90's he was too old to do anything about it.

The most painful part for me is my ankles. If you've broken an ankle, it may not work for you. Walter, do you need to bajar su peso un poco? Probrecito.

We bought a table that sits at my Mom's house for visit to the states, it works so well. But my discs slide and I hate it when they pop but oh does it feel so much better!!!

I don't have to go to a chiropractor anymore, thanks to the inversion table :)

Do you have a bad disc Bob?

funnygirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : watch it! I bite...

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Yes, due to many motorcycle and water skiing accidents, I had a discectomy(sp) on the S1-L5 about 11 years ago. Now I am having problems with the discs in my middle back and neck. I get the pain in the back and numbness in my arms and hands sometimes. I suppose I have a degenerative disc problem of some sort. Does the effects of the table last long or only a day or so?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnygirl Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:22 pm

I can't remember what the discs are called that are herniated in my body. The 2 bottom discs, one pinches my sciatic nerve, OUCH! The other is in the middle. Probably from being tall and having babies. Or shoveling rocks & painting like a man back in the day. I fell snow skiing(if you can call what I did snow skiing) and a quad accident. Trying to jump my quad, outta shape mama, like I was riding a jet ski at 16!

As far a how long it lasts Bob, as you know, it depends on what you're doing during the day. IF you decide to go move furniture, you'll be on the table when you're done. So, depending on what I'm doing will determine how often I've got to us it. I make it a routine to hop on it and hang before getting into bed to sleep. I lay on my heating pad for a few moments and then get comfy with the support pilla. Like that pilla? I'm picking up our daughter and sometimes hauling around 20 pounds hurts me. If they slip, I go and hop on the table and hang for a minute. I'm limited lifting, pushing, bending and mopping type movements.

We've boughten both our tables at Big-5 on sale for $100. Just go get one and try it. If you need more, than keep looking into the surgery. My bil, is 31, and is recovering from his 4th disc surgery because he won't slow down. But I think he will this time. He was in an auto accident at 16 and just kept living reckless. Works at Costco.

I'm not sure how well it'll work for the upper back. Ask a chiropractor. The one in the states is who recommended it for me.

It'll last until you compress them again.

Hope you feel better.

funnygirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks for the insight Funnybunny. I think I'll go get one and hang around for a while.....jaja

CanuckRoberto
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnygirl Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:48 am

I tried to sign in as funnybunny and it didn't work Very Happy

CanuckRoberto is much more dignified than canucklehead. You are the administrator & definitely need more respect ;)

Glad we could influence you to hang around.

Gracias CanuckRoberto,

funnybunny (hop, hop)

funnygirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:16 am

Funnygirl- Just a tip- I breathe much better if I wear my bra upside down when hanging! Very Happy
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno's girl Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:45 pm

jajajajaja...
Bruno's girl
Bruno's girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Juan Pablo Loza Méndez Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Bob, now that i have a beter idea of youre problem i sugest to have a scaner of youre spine, cause depending on that we know what to do (Fsical Rehab, Medication, spinal decompression by a machine, or finaly by a Cx.
I know in the Hospital Puerta de Hierro have it all, but again you need to know what is the neurologycal problem.

Humor : Contemplative

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Thanks for the information and advice Dr. Pablo.

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down