INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Your Take on This? Your Opinions.

+6
hound dog
grindsguy107
CheenaGringo
gringal
CanuckBob
johninajijic
10 posters

Go down

What is Your Take on This? Your Opinions. Empty What is Your Take on This? Your Opinions.

Post by johninajijic Wed May 09, 2012 9:44 am

What is your take on this? Why haven't Officials asked the Federales and/or the Army to come here?

Why have the Officials not asked the Army to set up roadblocks to keep these people out? A roadblock at the Libriamento or on the Carretera Chapala-GDL highway would do it. Another roadblock at the Joco end.

It's a lot easier to catch these narco guys than you think. Stop the suspicious vehicles and people.

Last edited by johninajijic on Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What is Your Take on This? Your Opinions. Empty Re: What is Your Take on This? Your Opinions.

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 am

I don't think any of us know who is involved. Some could already be here. I doubt they announce their presence.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What is Your Take on This? Your Opinions. Empty Re: What is Your Take on This? Your Opinions.

Post by gringal Wed May 09, 2012 9:57 am

Some around here DO know who is both local and involved. They are doing the "three monkey" routine in the interest of self-preservation. I'm referring to Mexicans and a few foreigners who are in the know and saying nothing, at least not publicly.

There was a wild chase around here not long ago and the perps and their vehicles simply evaporated within a few blocks of downtown Ajijic. It's easy to figure out where they went. They went home. No roadblocks involved.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

John:

It is time to think outside of that box again. It isn't about setting up roadblocks to keep the bad boys OUT or for that matter IN. It is pretty well established that they are already there. If one follows what has transpired in other areas of Mexico, very few arrests or eliminations of the bad boys have transpired at fixed roadblocks or checkpoints. Mobile military and specialized law enforcement units have done the most damage to the cartels, especially in areas where the citizens are fed up and willing to tip them off.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 09, 2012 11:43 am

gringal wrote:Some around here DO know who is both local and involved. They are doing the "three monkey" routine in the interest of self-preservation. I'm referring to Mexicans and a few foreigners who are in the know and saying nothing, at least not publicly.

There was a wild chase around here not long ago and the perps and their vehicles simply evaporated within a few blocks of downtown Ajijic. It's easy to figure out where they went. They went home. No roadblocks involved.

I meant that they don't know what level of law enforcement is involved.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What is Your Take on This? Your Opinions. Empty General comment to all negative posters!

Post by grindsguy107 Sun May 13, 2012 10:59 am

One of the reasons I personally left Canada was to finally be free of sarcasm and back biting....surprise surprise it followed me....for those of you who cannot get rid of that attitude...go back to Canada or Romney land because that sorry assed haven of political correctness is just for you...As for the person who got stalked at their home from some creep that reads the web board.....get a vicious dog and turn it loose on him....stalking is what it is...a crime anywhere!! as for your lack of any comment on the "narco troubles" here call your best bud "Chicken Little" he always loves to find a place to hide and deny!!
This is my first post in 3 years and probably my last because hopefully you will all run away!!
Thanks to those who really try to be positive and those who contribute good information keep up the good work!!!

Grindsguy107

grindsguy107

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun May 13, 2012 3:27 pm

[quote="gringal"]Some around here DO know who is both local and involved. They are doing the "three monkey" routine in the interest of self-preservation. I'm referring to Mexicans and a few foreigners who are in the know and saying nothing, at least not publicly.

There was a wild chase around here not long ago and the perps and their vehicles simply evaporated within a few blocks of downtown Ajijic. It's easy to figure out where they went. They went home. No roadblocks involved.[/quote]

I would agree wih Gringal that many of the criminals preying on locals and foreigners alike are local residents but that is not an argument against Army/Federal/State highway checkpoints in and out of the area say, on the Chapala-Guadalajara Carretera after the Ajijic Libramiento merge or just after Ixtlahuacan and, perhaps on the other side of Jocotepec. Someone with more experience than I would need to think through where these checkpoints would be most effective. As I have stated in the past, we have lived in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas for over six years now for part of each year and one simply cannot enter or leave San Cristóbal without passing constantly monitored checkpoints by either the army or the cops or immigration officials. The same is true all over Southern Mexico and we always feel compelled down there to have our passports and immigration documents on hand along with our driver´s licenses as one never knows when one will be asked to present those documents or some of them to officials manning the various checkpoints. One might also be requested to present automobile papers if driving a foreign plated vehicle but that never happens to us since we have Mexican plates. This is not to say that this totally resolves the crime or illegal immigration issues in a particular area but these checkpoints where one may be subject to being stopped at any time, seemingly at random, certainly seem to mitigate these problems to say nothing of the problem of DUI. After all, even if some of the criminal element resident in a town stay there and in their homes in that town, these checkpoints discourage their moving to or carrying out their activiries in a community because it affects their mobility in general and seals off escape routes when required.

By the way, these checkpoints seldom create any significant traffic delays - even those run by the Zapatistas and various indigenous communities run to distribute propoganda and/or collect "donations" for various causes. That is, in latter cases, if one´s donation (not optional) is forthcoming expeditiously.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 13, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm in favor of roadblocks too, but do you know there are 4 ways out of Joco? If you count the new bypass just before entering the town, that makes 5. And I can think of 3 ways out of Chapala.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sun May 13, 2012 6:29 pm

4 ways out of Chapala if you count the back roads
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Yeah. I don't think you could really seal the lake area off effectively tho.
But they might be able to slow it down some. Be nice if they'd put a military unit at the Crucero and one at the bypass in Joco and a unit on the southbound Chapala/Guad Hwy at the Chapala/Ajijic split.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sun May 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Just North of Chapala Haciendas II would be a good spot.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun May 13, 2012 7:04 pm

The OP was made earlier in the week. Didn't I read where there are now contingents of Federal & State Police and military all stationed in the area?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Yep, that'd be a good spot. And if you're going to do all that, you'd have to put one at the east end of Chapala. That would be 5 checkpoints. That's a lot.

I've only seen Chapala cops, but I haven't been out there looking for them either.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sun May 13, 2012 8:37 pm

I hear them late at night. I can tell when it is a local cop truck going by. I can also tell the motocops. all by sound. Their engines have a distinct sound.

saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Sun May 13, 2012 9:05 pm

An opinion:

They announced their arrival and interest in this area in the most horrendous way possible. They stole the young men and murdered them and left them to be found. They want you to know they are here. Why, after all these years would they bother with this particular spot. This is no path to anywhere and you don't pass thru here to get to somewhere more important. This is a destination.

I think they want the area itself precisely because it is self-contained, difficult to access and they can see who is coming. Its defensible and would make a pleasurable enclave community. If they can control it they will have an excellent base from which to operate.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 13, 2012 9:14 pm

saege007 wrote:I hear them late at night. I can tell when it is a local cop truck going by. I can also tell the motocops. all by sound. Their engines have a distinct sound.

You have the perfect look-out vantage point!

I can pretty much tell the sirens apart.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sun May 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Oh, I can tell without the sirens! One of their trucks needs a serious tune-up! I like my vantage point.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 13, 2012 9:36 pm

lol

I just heard what sounded like a multiple police response about 5 minutes ago.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sun May 13, 2012 9:40 pm

I know for certain one was an ambulance. I was on the phone, and it might have been two ambulances. Normal Sunday night activity.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Yep, probably vehicular carnage up on the Lib.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Southbound Sun May 13, 2012 9:45 pm

I am speculating that the road blocks and any sort of army presence here has to do with politics. Why would anybody living here, who are extranjeros, think they have an advantage? This evening out, I was told by a good source -- a restaurant source -- that the army is here.

Southbound

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down