INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Dad, How Do You Like the iPad we got you?

3 posters

Go down

So Dad, How Do You Like the iPad we got you? Empty So Dad, How Do You Like the iPad we got you?

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:39 pm

The video is in German but you don't need to understand all of the words:
http://www.wimp.com/dadipad

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

So Dad, How Do You Like the iPad we got you? Empty Re: So Dad, How Do You Like the iPad we got you?

Post by Ronald Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Good one!

Ronald
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Enought to piss off my wife (and everybody else's)

Back to top Go down

So Dad, How Do You Like the iPad we got you? Empty Re: So Dad, How Do You Like the iPad we got you?

Post by ferret Fri May 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Well, I can certainly better understand that video now! Got our new ipad today. Well, yeah, I know they're supposed to be intuitive but NO instructions???? There's a little card inside the box that shows you the on/off button, the volume button, silent and home.
"Welcome to iPad...to start, turn on your iPad by pressing and holding the on/off button for a few seconds. Then follow the onscreen instructions to set up your ipad"
Well, it wouldn't stay on and the screen kept going black and we were turning blue...thought we'd bought a dud. Phoned our son and he said to phone "1-800-myapple". Did that and got a voice activated response to which I finally screamed "give me a real f%*#king person!!". It would appear that it is not only voice activated but stress activated as well since I got a real person in less than five minutes.
Ah...after turning it on, you have to press "home" to get going...some reason they couldn't have stated that on the very brief start up card? Ink and paper getting too expensive? I needed a magnifying glass to read any of the info provided. And, then, of course we got disconnected in the middle of registering...or did she just go and get a tranquilizer?
Starting over...with the voice activated software I simply requested "real person please" and I was in the system again. By this time, after being on hold for five minutes, I was starting to get the hang of it and pretty much just walked my "helper" through each page I was working on and filling out. Cool!
Phoned our son back to say we were done and asked how I simply surfed the web. The answer was the app called "safari"...not "explorer" but "safari"...DUH! If they'd called it "Hang Ten" it would have made much more sense to me.
Tomorrow's another day...and the new baby's sleeping.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down