INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO HAVE YOUR HOUSE PAINTED SO IT WILL LAST 5 + YEARS

2 posters

Go down

HOW TO HAVE YOUR HOUSE PAINTED SO IT WILL LAST 5 + YEARS Empty HOW TO HAVE YOUR HOUSE PAINTED SO IT WILL LAST 5 + YEARS

Post by johninajijic Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 am

It is important to paint between November and May. This information comes from my 10 years of living here, my own personal experience and advice from two of the “best” Painting Contractors in the Ajijic area.

Specifications for Painting your House

1. Scrape and wire brush off all loose and flaking paint.

2. Power wash entire house to remove loose paint, mildew and generally clean paint

3. Fill all cracks and make repairs.

4. Prime entire house with Berol Block Filler, Prisa PROMETAL or Fester Festerbond. Do not prime exterior with the old method of using Sealer, White cement and white paint as it will bleed through the final coats of paint and peel.

5. Paint 2 or 3 full coats of paint as it comes from the can. It may be thinned 10% on the first coat with clean purified water. If your Contractor wants to thin it, give him a 2.0 litre soda bottle of clean purified water from your tap per 5 gallon (19 liter) bucket.
Absolutely no more water than that.

6. Paint finish coats using a 5” or 6” brush or thick nap roller ONLY, NOT A CEPILLIO.
A cepillo does not put on enough of a paint film for durability.

7. Refinishing your wood beams on your Terrace or overhangs: Choose your stain color
and ask your Contractor to mix your stain with Pentadragon or Pentaprisa. This is a clear solution wood product that kills termites.

8. Refinishing your Metal Gates, Doors, Garage, etc: The surfaces must be sanded with
fine sandpaper first, like 220 wet/dry. Choose your color in an “Esmalte”paint, (oil base) in either Semi Gloss or Gloss. You can have your Contractor do this two ways, either by putting on a Red Oxide rust preventative primer first, then 2 finish coats of paint. Or you can have him purchase the paint with the Rust Preventative built in. It’s better to use the rust preventative separately, but not necessary unless rust is showing.

9. Ask your contractor for a 3 - 5 year Guarantee. The Contractors that I recommended
give at least a 3 year Guarantee and checks all his houses before the rainy season and repaints any areas that need it.

Note: Only use COMEX Vinimex paint or PRISA Poliprisa paint. It has a satinado finish. Matte finish paints are a little cheaper and do not last. Forget using inferior products like Tonal or Sherwin Williams. My house was painted 6 years ago with COMEX VINIMEX paint and still looks good. I may even get 7 years out of the paint job.

PAINTING - 5 YEAR GUARANTEE - THE BEST
ENRIQUE PINEDA (Speaks English)
Cell phone: 045 333 440 6364

OR

RUBEN "CHINO" CHAVARRIA (Speaks English)
Cell phone: 045 333 150 9031
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

HOW TO HAVE YOUR HOUSE PAINTED SO IT WILL LAST 5 + YEARS Empty Re: HOW TO HAVE YOUR HOUSE PAINTED SO IT WILL LAST 5 + YEARS

Post by sparks Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:55 pm

You over do everything John. I guess it's your privilege ... but you are not Bob Villa and even he wouldn't go to your extremes
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

HOW TO HAVE YOUR HOUSE PAINTED SO IT WILL LAST 5 + YEARS Empty Re: HOW TO HAVE YOUR HOUSE PAINTED SO IT WILL LAST 5 + YEARS

Post by johninajijic Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:34 pm

sparks wrote:You over do everything John. I guess it's your privilege ... but you are not Bob Villa and even he wouldn't go to your extremes

Only telling you what I know from experience and great contractors. I have seen Homeowners cheap out on their paint jobs only to last 2 to 3 years, look crappy as years go on and pay 3 times as much. Your privelege to go that route. My paint job lasted over 7 years and I wouldn't have redone it except I wanted the house to look perfect for sale.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down