INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Princess of Wales

5 posters

Go down

Princess of Wales  Empty Princess of Wales

Post by ferret Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:04 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/kate-s-cancer-when-was-the-princess-diagnosed-and-what-happens-next/ar-BB1kn1Eh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=6655132b5bbd47f9854879ff3f175536&ei=41

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Princess of Wales  Empty Re: Princess of Wales

Post by mudgirl Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:20 pm

I couldn't believe all the folks obsessed with the "royals", having meltdowns and speculations about why she hadn't been seen in public for a few months, even though it was public info that she had undergone surgery. You'd think they would have a bit of respect and give her some privacy.

I'll never understand people who think they are somehow entitled to know everything about some celebrity's private life just because they have a public persona. I guess reality show TV makes people think everyone wants to share their private life with the public.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:18 pm

It's not the people. It's the news media melting down.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 am

Not to excuse the British Tabloids, BUT the Royal Family is paid 83 million pounds a year ($105 million USD) in exchange for appearing at public events.  

While they are indeed celebrities, they are also government employees who are paid quite handsomely for their services.  

You can argue that that Royals are entitled to privacy, but since they are paid for being out and about in the public, long-term absences should be explained.

And I'll go a step farther.  Neither the King nor the Princess has yet to reveal the type of cancer they have, evidently a word that is still whispered in Great Britain.  They should use their illness as a teaching moment.

Secy. of Defense, Lloyd Austin tried to hide his cancer diagnosis.  After it was revealed, he did remind all men and especially African American men to get tested for prostate cancer.  It is one of those cancers people don't like to talk about, but when public figures share their experiences, it almost always results in people getting tested and getting treated. And lives being saved.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and mattoleriver like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:53 am

I’d rather not know what it is. A lot of these cancers have very predictable outcomes regardless of the treatment.
You’d have prayer vigils starting to form and others would start second guessing the caretakers.
Just let it be and give me an update once in a while.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:00 am

I agree with BisbeeGal. The whole point is to educate people. "If it can happen to THEM, it can happen to anyone". Kate is young. Pay attention! I am not saying there aren't millions of much younger cancer sufferers but the Royal Family has an opportunity and an obligation to educate. Sharing is about caring.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:40 pm

BisbeeGal, I don't disagree with your basic premise, I was more thinking in terms of timing. While someone who is paid by the taxpayers, whose duties include or even mostly consist of appearing at public events should certainly not be secretive about why they haven't been seen for awhile, it isn't necessary for the public to know RIGHT NOW all the gritty details. When it was made known that she had undergone abdominal surgery, I assumed that there were complications that the family was dealing with and it seemed to me that the public could be a bit patient in being told exactly what was going on.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

RickS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum