INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian Woman Killed During Robbery

+4
ferret
Jreboll
CanuckBob
lotusflower
8 posters

Go down

Canadian Woman Killed During Robbery Empty Canadian Woman Killed During Robbery

Post by lotusflower Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:22 am

Very tragic incident happened near Queretaro on the 57D. Woman was on her way back to Canada, after 10 years in Zipolite to look after her ailing mother. She had 3 dogs and a cat with her on her drive back to London, Ontario:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/london-woman-killed-robbery-mexico-1.7149419

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Canadian Woman Killed During Robbery Empty Re: Canadian Woman Killed During Robbery

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:20 am

Tragic event.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Canadian Woman Killed During Robbery Empty Re: Canadian Woman Killed During Robbery

Post by Jreboll Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:10 am

She had just sold a business and bought a new car. All red flags. She should have just sneaked out to the airport without telling anyone

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:22 am

My condolences to her family. Yes, a very tragic event.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:52 am

I'd like to know more about the guy she brought along for 'protection.' Was he a friend who she asked to be a riding companion? Or is he someone she paid to protect her? Was he armed?

Normally robbers don't want to shoot their victims, they just want their valuables.

Most people comply, don't resist, hand over their money, electronics, car, whatever the guys with the guns want.

Probably we'll never know what went sideways with this robbery. Though the guy survived and may provide his version of events.

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:10 pm

Awful. Too bad her dogs weren't trained to attack on command. I've driven back and forth to Canada by myself many times, luckily never had any scary incidents, and a lot of good ones.

Some guys I know were driving from LA to Sayulita. They both live here, and one is Mexican. They had a lot of nice new stuff with them, like a new big screen TV. They stupidly decided to take some short cut around Culiacan at 11pm and got accosted by a group of bandits, who made them drive to a ranch in the middle of nowhere, where they were held all night. They were sure they were going to be killed, but in the end, they were let go, with their vehicle, but minus the TV and other valuable stuff.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:10 am

Unfortunately she was traveling at 12 midnight in an area that is close to Celaya, which one of the worst places to be in Mexico.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:23 am

After 10 years in Mexico, she should have known that you NEVER drive at night. In the first place, animals migrate to the warmer asphalt of the highway. I do not know how we survived weaving through a herd of donkeys on the highway between Leon and San Miguel de Allende in our first year in Mexico. Thereafter, we hired someone to pick up visitors from the airport. I am also beginning to question the integrity and intelligence of her companion.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:48 pm

Midnight? Near Celaya? Wow, that is something she really should have been aware wasn't safe.
The only time I ever drove after dark was on one trip where I was caravaning with 2 other cars. We had planned to get to Los Mochis to spend the night well before dark, but one of us had had a tire blowout that put us about an hour an a half behind schedule. So we got there about an hour after sundown.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:50 am

On Saturday night in Mexico, a Canadian woman traveling from Oaxaca to Canada, was murdered when she stopped at a convenience store just outside the city of Queretaro.

In this video we're going to chat with you about safety in Mexico, whether it's still safe to travel to Mexico, as well as some tips to make sure you stay safe when you visit or drive through the country.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 am

Just like most YouTube amatuer videos, completely useless.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:11 pm

The first report I read stated her friend was shot in the arm and survived.  Today I saw a video and he was reported to have died the next day.  Also earlier it was reported she resisted the robbers and was then shot.  Today a source reported she handed her belongings over.  The robbers then took three shots at the pair as they fled.  Lots of conflicting info.  Either way a tragic event and a reminder to stay put after dark.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:35 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:Just like most YouTube amatuer videos, completely useless.

Unfortunately, AI can now crank out these useless videos in minutes.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:20 pm

Just more bloggers looking for clicks, likes, and subscriptions. They'll take advantage of anything for their "content".

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Bill Phillips, BisbeeGal and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down