INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O rings for lever style kitchen faucets?

3 posters

Go down

O rings for lever style kitchen faucets? Empty O rings for lever style kitchen faucets?

Post by ferret Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:00 am

I went to the hardware store beside Intercam (beside the Oxxo) in Ajijic which is where I bought the faucet set. They don't sell the O rings. Then I went to Tool Town and they don't sell them either. Now both faucets are leaking. Has anyone had success at any other hardware stores locally? I can buy them on Amazon but prefer to shop locally if at all possible. T.I.A.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

O rings for lever style kitchen faucets? Empty Re: O rings for lever style kitchen faucets?

Post by mudgirl Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:46 pm

I don't know if there is such a store Lakeside, but I know when I was looking for o-rings for my powerwasher, I couldn't find them in hardware stores- I found them in stores that specialize in "tornillos". They had every size nail and screw and washers and o-rings.
And I know you'd have to go to Guad., but I think Home Depot sells packages of various size o-rings.

You would think in a country where people are good at fixing things and the average Mexican doesn't have a lot of money to spend on new stuff, that replacement parts would be easy to find, but they aren't. For instance, my toilet seat hinges broke, but the toilet seat was still fine. Do you think they sell toilet seat hinges anywhere? No- you have to buy a whole new toilet seat. I bought some hinges in Canada, which were available at all the hardware stores.

When the rubber seal on my perfectly working fridge got hard and brittle, I found out the seal isn't replaceable- you have to buy a whole new door or a new fridge. And of course a new door wasn't available, as the fridge was 15 years old.

And while they sell lint rollers, and sponge mops, they don't sell replacement rolls for the lint rollers or replacement sponge heads.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

O rings for lever style kitchen faucets? Empty Re: O rings for lever style kitchen faucets?

Post by ferret Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:05 pm

MostlyLost on TOB suggested the Ferroplomeria (previously called Casa de Plomero) in west Ajijic. I called them and they have some for various brands. I asked if I brought the old one if it would help and he said yes. It's a puente and the roads are and were bumper to bumper yesterday when I passed by it. I didn't think I'd be able to get back into the traffic flow because the line up was so bad. I'll go on Tuesday, sample in hand, and hope they do.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:11 pm

Good luck. You might also ask a plumber- I would imagine most of them know where to buy such things.

My friend's single lever faucet in Canada was dripping. It turned out we couldn't replace the washer- we had to buy a new barrel, which comes complete with the washers. That might end up being what you have to do.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:00 pm

Not a chance in hell. I'll buy an assortment from Amazon first for $7.00 . And it's two lever style handles on either side of a spout.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:58 am

The ferreteria across Hidalgo from Ladrone's and the cat shelter always has a collection of o-rings in stock. He will compare them to your old ones and has always gotten it right for me.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:23 am

Thank you windrider17!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:57 pm

The rest of the story... I gave up and bought a new faucet set.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down