INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transferring an out of Jalisco vehicle

4 posters

Go down

Transferring an out of Jalisco vehicle Empty Transferring an out of Jalisco vehicle

Post by Teacapan Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:19 pm

I have a Sinaloa registered vehicle that I would like to trade in for a Jalisco vehicle but most dealers will not take an out of state vehicle. Do I have to return to Sinaloa and cancel the registration or can I go to Guadalajara and transfer it there. I know it is costly. I have already transferred it from Sonora to Sinaloa.
Thanks for any assistance

Teacapan

Back to top Go down

Transferring an out of Jalisco vehicle Empty Re: Transferring an out of Jalisco vehicle

Post by ferret Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:48 pm

I would try and deal with S&S auto in Riberas. We traded in our Nayarit plated vehicle and bought a Jalisco plated vehicle there.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Transferring an out of Jalisco vehicle Empty Re: Transferring an out of Jalisco vehicle

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:10 am

One of the most frustrating and time-consuming things I have experienced in Mexico is transferring an out of state vehicle to Jalisco plates. You have to take the vehicle and all the usual paperwork to a place in Guadalajara to have it inspected and certified. This place (I don't remember the name) only allows so many cars a day and there are no appointments. You need to get there by 5:00am or so to get into the compound. You will be lucky to get home by 6:00pm.....I used a facilitator to help me. If you don't speak fluent Spanish or understand the system I recommend getting help. Expect to pay some high taxes and fees. Mine cost around $14,000 pesos to transfer (Taxes, fees and facilitator).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:15 am

Jalisco is difficult and weird. I can tell you that taking a Guanajuato plated car to Nayarit and changing the plates was simple and cheap by comparison. That's why we balked at jumping through all the hoops to achieve it here.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:05 am

I would NEVER buy an out of state vehicle again.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:32 am

We lived in Guanajuato for nine years and moved to Nayarit and lived there for six years before coming here. I see no reason to sell and buy a new car every time you relocate. But it surely is a pain in the butt in Jalisco. Yes, if you live in one state, do not buy a car from another state. Always buy in the state where you live.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:25 pm

I bought a Chihuahua-plated vehicle and had to get it transferred to Nayarit plates. It involved me driving to Tepic (about a 3 hour drive for me each way), waiting for a couple of hours to get some paper, then going the next day to San Vicente, another 40 minute drive each way.
In San Vicente, I had to spend about 2 or 3 hours while a guy came down to the parking lot and lay under my car, getting VIN numbers off the engine, then phone Tepic to "verify" the paper it took me all day to get and wait for a callback, then line up to pay.

Although I had taken my mechanic with me to buy the car, so he could check everything mechanical out, and he checked over the paperwork to make sure it was all in order, he missed the fact that the previous owner hadn't paid the yearly registration in Chihuahua for 2 years, so I got hit with paying it in addition to the other transfer and plate fees.
(Such a weird system for a buyer to have to pay what the previous owner neglected to. And I have my doubts as to whether the office in Nayarit actually transferred that money to Chihuahua.)

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Transferring an out of Jalisco vehicle Empty Transferring an out of Jalisco vehicle

Post by Teacapan Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:57 pm

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. We just moved here from Mazatlan where we lived for 15 years. Prior to that we lived in San Carlos Sonora for 8 years. Always as full time permanent residents, so we have had to transfer vehicles from state to state several times. This vehicle I bought in Sonora and transferred it to Sinaloa which was costly but not a lot of bureaucratic processes. I did check with S&S auto first but they have learned from experience I guess, because they longer take out of state vehicles in on trade. Thanks again.

Teacapan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down