INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dentista Needed for Molar Broke

5 posters

Go down

Dentista Needed for Molar Broke  Empty Dentista Needed for Molar Broke

Post by Jubilacion Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:28 am

Well, my skill at procrastination 🤔  arranging a visit to a Dentista for cleaning/exam has bit me in the rear.

Looking for a very good dentist (who isn't?) for an issue with a back top molar that cracked and then on a recent trip broke. Most, if not all of the  tooth is gone and is starting to cause some discomfort.

Any first hand recommendations or thumbs-up's?

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

Back to top Go down

Dentista Needed for Molar Broke  Empty Re: Dentista Needed for Molar Broke

Post by kiko Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:32 am

Eloy Barragan's wife Cynthia removed a back molar that had broken into three pieces. It was 100% painless after the injection. I never felt any pain after that. I had not even realized that she completed the removal until she showed me the pieces.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Irish Gal, ferret, rckrckr and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilacion Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:15 am

Thank you Kiki, gringal, Irish Gal, ferret, rckrckr...

Ayer, viernes I was in to see Dra Cynthia. While I was also hoping for a painless extraction  Dentista Needed for Molar Broke  1f528 , it was quite the opposite when they found an infection in the root of the tooth during x-rays. Both Dr Eloy and Dra Cynthia assured me it needed to come out right away and promised to do their best to minimize the discomfort. She and her assistant (and Dr Eloy) were very compassionate during my 95 minutes of trying to wriggle off the dental chair  Dentista Needed for Molar Broke  1f62c . Feels MUCH better this morning. Back in 3 weeks after infection is gone. Gracias for the recommendation.

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

Irish Gal, ferret and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:59 pm

I am a severe dental-phobe, so I feel your pain.

I busted a tooth in half when I was in US in July.  Luckily was able to see an Oral Surgeon within a few days who administered Twilight Sleep.  Was in and out in 40 minutes, no pain!  

I inquired about Twilight Sleep (or other general anesthesia) for dental work in MX when we first moved here in 2008.  Was told it was only possible in a hospital setting with an anesthesiologist and only offered by a select few dentists in Guadalajara.  

Is that still true?   Please don't tell  me about how your DDS here is gentle and pain-free.  I have been to 2 of the most highly recommended (and a 3rd one) and I just can't handle DDS work when awake.  Had a DDS horror story decades ago that left me with a permanently damaged alveolar nerve and can't get a local anesthesia.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Jubilacion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:10 pm

I am a severe needle-phobe, so that is the part I dread at the dentist. The residual pain from the injection sites is much more painful to me than whatever pain I have experienced from any extractions, which actually hasn't been bad.

And I had my jaw lock up for a week after getting needles for a lengthy root canal, which was really scary, although it resolved itself within a week. (Probably the alveolar nerve, as well- I couldn't chew at all without extreme shooting pain)

I did have a dentist here in Sayulita who was apparently licensed to administer some knock-out drug, but he turned out to be an incompetent, psycho sadist, who other women felt had sexually assaulted them while they were "under" and who threatened a woman who had posted about the incompetency of the dental work he had done that she had had to get all redone. He packed up and left town (I have no idea to where) and another dentist redid the botched implant he had done on me.

I wonder what it's like to be in a profession where most of your clients dread coming to see you. :-)

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:00 pm

About 5 years ago in Ajijic I had a crown come off. Went to dentist and she said structure would not take another crown, she needed to pull it. She started to pull it and after a time, she said she could not do it. She called a dentist in Guadalajara and two days later he showed up and pulled it. I was in much pain for about a week, local doctor not dentist gave me antibiotics and pain pills. Recently in Oklahoma, a dentist said I needed an inplant. Cost for the inplant was $5,500 USD. I can see why many people come to Mexico for dental work.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down