INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaga Steakhouse Bar & Grill

5 posters

Go down

Malaga Steakhouse Bar & Grill Empty Malaga Steakhouse Bar & Grill

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:35 pm

We tried this fairly new place last night and were very pleased. Excellent steaks, decent prices and a very nice ambiance. It is located in the old Chili Bang Bar on Hildago about 50 yards west of the Ajijic plaza. I really hope they last at this cursed location. I can think of at least 6 businesses that have failed there.

If you like a good steak, give them a try.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Malaga Steakhouse Bar & Grill Empty Re: Malaga Steakhouse Bar & Grill

Post by mudgirl Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:33 pm

"I really hope they last at this cursed location. I can think of at least 6 businesses that have failed there."

There's a couple of restaurant locations like that in Sayulita, too. I've seen new restaurant after restaurant spend months remodeling the place, open with a fanfare, only to close down a year or two later. Rinse and repeat.

There isn't anything obviously different about these physical locations in terms of parking availability, walkability, noisy areas, etc, from restaurants that have thrived here for 15 or 20 years or more. It's almost like the place itself is cursed and needs some kind of exorcism. :-)

Of course, opening a restaurant, like opening an Airbnb accommodation, tends to be one of those businesses that people have some unrealistic idea about, all starry-eyed thinking it's going to be easy money, without doing any market survey or having any idea about how much work it entails, but that doesn't explain why these specific locations would see such a high volume of failed businesses.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:07 pm

CBob,

We will give them a try tomorrow for lunch.It will be our last lunch in Ajijic before we leave Monday.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:57 am

mudgirl wrote:"I really hope they last at this cursed location. I can think of at least 6 businesses that have failed there."

There's a couple of restaurant locations like that in Sayulita, too. I've seen new restaurant after restaurant spend months remodeling the place, open with a fanfare, only to close down a year or two later. Rinse and repeat.

There isn't anything obviously different about these physical locations in terms of parking availability, walkability, noisy areas, etc, from restaurants that have thrived here for 15 or 20 years or more. It's almost like the place itself is cursed and needs some kind of exorcism. :-)

Of course, opening a restaurant, like opening an Airbnb accommodation, tends to be one of those businesses that people have some unrealistic idea about, all starry-eyed thinking it's going to be easy money, without doing any market survey or having any idea about how much work it entails, but that doesn't explain why these specific locations would see such a high volume of failed businesses.

The place was built about 14 or 15 years ago by the same woman that originally owned #4 restaurant in Ajijic. I don't recall how long that original business lasted but it wasn't too long.  The businesses that followed haven't even lasted a year in most cases. It looks to me that this building has been empty more than occupied since being built.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:58 am

The parking on Hidalgo is awful. But there is a parking lot just beyond the optical place on the lakeside. But don't know if they stay open in the evening. Reviews are great; hope the place can last.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:34 pm

That parking lot is private people who pay to park there..

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:36 pm

Yes, but it's close parking and it's not expensive.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:53 pm

Went there today. Good food, good service, good ambiance, staff attentive. Just as CBob said. Definitely a place all should try.

My wife ordered a T-Bone and it was big enough for both of us. I had the Fettuccine Alfredo. Best I have had here so far.

I second CBob's recommendation.

Roy D

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down