INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

El Barco

3 posters

Go down

El Barco Empty El Barco

Post by RoyD Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:07 pm

We actually walked from BOP to Johanna's, but they were closed through Sept. 13. So, we continued walking to El Barco (recommended by a resident here at BOP). De Ja Vu all over again (see Beer Garden topic). We stopped for lunch and they were very nice, but menu was for breakfast and it was all in Spanish. Waitress could not speak English, but we managed to order using hand signals (getting better at it). My wife got a club sandwich and I got a hamburger (only thing I recognized in Spanish). Food was good, but I thought the burger at Emma's Deli was better. I thought the service was good and we may go back there if we are with someone who can translate the menu.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

El Barco Empty Re: El Barco

Post by Rory2u Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:09 am

If you have GOOGLE TRANSLATE app on your phone - can take a photo of a section or the whole menu and it will translate for you. I grant you that many places at the Lake make it easy for Gringos. But even if Español Challenged like I admit to, there are easy workarounds. We are in the process of visiting our 26th Mexican State and manage quite well without having to rely on others!

Rory2u
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:39 pm

Would it not seem rather ridiculous to comment that "We went to a restaurant in Ohio and the menu was all in English and none of the servers spoke Spanish" ?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

SunFan, kamcd, Plan B, BisbeeGal and Rory2u like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:56 am

taking a picture of the menu and translating it is an excellent suggestion.

My phone is lost somewhere at the Orlando airport. I used GPS to pinpoint its location and it is probably at the lost & found office. I filed a form with lost & found and I have to wait until they contact me. They do not give a phone number, probably because there are thousands of lost and found items a day. The phone that I have here is an older phone that is not associated with a phone service. I use it to take pictures.

I do not expect all restaurants to have English menus, but I know some do in the Ajijic area that want tourist expat business. If I were living here long term and not just a couple of months, I would take Spanish lessons. As it is, I am learning on the fly.

RoyD

Roy

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down