INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun and Games with HSBC

3 posters

Go down

Fun and Games with HSBC Empty Fun and Games with HSBC

Post by ferret Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:15 am

I tried, yesterday, to open an account and waited for an hour and half. I was then told it would be another half an hour and I should have called and made an appointment. I did try to call three times but nobody ever answered the phone. Made an appointment for this morning at 10 am. Went armed with all my documentation and copies. I wanted a simple account with a minimum balance maintained to avoid fees and a debit card. I also wanted to be able to transfer money easily from my Canadian TD account to an HSBC account in my name in Mexico. I've finally found the car I want and the dealership has an HSBC account.

To make a long story short... you now have to have the most up-to-date cell phone for them to put the app on it to do your banking. I am not buying a new cell phone to accommodate this quirk PLUS I would NEVER use my cell phone to do banking. It is, imho, the most insecure way of doing banking and I can lose or have my phone stolen. 

This is, imho, discrimination.

If you want another example of discrimination... when your name is on a list to buy a car, you get bumped if you want to pay cash in favour of a person who wants to finance the purchase. Whuh? Yeah, they make more money on financing.

Not impressed. With any of the above.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Fun and Games with HSBC Empty Re: Fun and Games with HSBC

Post by Gamina Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Can you have your bank in Canada transfer directly to the dealership's HSBC account?
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:31 pm

I have absolutely no idea where the physical location of my account is in Canada any more. They have closed down three branches and just put the account somewhere else. Plus, nobody answers phone calls or returns phone calls any more.
I CAN transfer online but only to an account that is in my name in Mexico. And that is the reason for an account here.
Next stop is at the Intercam new location because they have parking. https://www.intercam.com.mx/personas/banca-en-linea/
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:40 pm

ferret wrote:
I CAN transfer online but only to an account that is in my name in Mexico. And that is the reason for an account here.
Next stop is at the Intercam new location because they have parking. https://www.intercam.com.mx/personas/banca-en-linea/

When you posted about your car buying dilemma earlier, 2 posters on TOB said they routinely transfer funds via XE to any MXN bank account holder. Did you pursue that option?

According to XE, your bank does not know where your funds will end up...only that you have asked for $$$ to go to XE. From XE you send it to the bank account of your choice, evidently.

Have never used XE, don't have a MXN bank account, but these posts on TOB seemed to be credible.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:06 pm

It still means setting up an account with XE to make the transfer. If I have to set up an account then I will do it locally where it would be handy for the future and to get another debit card in case mine becomes lost or stolen.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down