INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scallion Restaurant

2 posters

Go down

Scallion Restaurant Empty Scallion Restaurant

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:15 am

Scallion, in Plaza Bugambilias, once trepidatiously named Spago's before they wised up, has been going for a couple of years now, having completely rebuilt what was once Salvadore's, a popular meeting-place restaurant. It served family fare at really good prices, and probably sold more breakfasts on tianguis day than all other restaurants lakeside combined.

It is now a quality Italian restaurant, and over a couple of visits spaced out over many months, it falls into the "consistently good" range. Ate there last night. The calamari was crisp and tasty, with a really good marinara dipping sauce; the bruschetta was delicious and plentiful, and the creamy onion soup of the day was a blenderized concoction that was quite pleasant.

Main dishes, such as the Thai beef, stuffed pork loin, fettucine al funghi and seafood pasta were all very-well cooked and delicious. Pork was a tad overcooked; I've come to learn over the years that pork is harder to get right than steak. Portions were huge. Service was friendly and well-paced. A chocolate volcano dessert for the birthday celebration was, as they say, to die for. Everything was plated in a professional manner, with quality cutlery and dinnerware.

With perhaps the nicest jug of limonada around here, served with a variety of fresh berries to enhance the flavour, we left happy... as one should after going out to eat, but which doesn't happen that often. The price for four was $1,000p, which when compared to today's prices lakeside, is to me a really good value.

It picked yesterday evening of all days to try and rain us out, but the staff kept moving the very large umbrella around and all worked out well. Now I have two places I wouldn't hesitate to go back to: Scallion and Casa Linda.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret, rafterbr and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Scallion Restaurant Empty Re: Scallion Restaurant

Post by gobluejohn Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 pm

I have been there twice and was very good I Had salmon one day and it was awsum
gobluejohn
gobluejohn
Share Holder