INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomahawk steaks

4 posters

Go down

Tomahawk steaks Empty Tomahawk steaks

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 am

They look cool, but are just a ploy, and I am incensed that butchers and chefs are deluding the public about these things.

It's one thing to charge extra for a foot of bone that would normally simply be cut off a rib steak. It's another to double the price-per-kilo when including that bone, simply because it is called a Tomahawk, and then including the wieght of that bone in eh per-kilo price.

Look at this Facebook ad for Casa Regil (frozen) meat shop just past the Farm Guad heading into Chapala. (No rib steak is mentioned, but the cost is usually more than a T-bone.)

Let's say a rib steak costs $200. Now you add a pound of bone, but charge $385 per kilo instead of $200 per kilo. Wow.

Tomahawk steaks 120734392_153794586409352_423090404715121389_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_eui2=AeEh3-0Or_23_PAYV65aIw-fkT9_7er3j7SRP3_t6vePtPFufPi5Y-BsiiY6hKTyuus&_nc_ohc=I3wm_Ru9r1QAX_FEDaD&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tomahawk steaks Empty Re: Tomahawk steaks

Post by gringal Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am

People who buy hype instead of using their brains spend their money on thin air. What else is new?
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

RVGRINGO, Lady Otter Latté and Nicksco like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:25 pm

What's new? The myriad ways people come up with to keep people from using their brains... like in US politics... but there are plenty of other threads for that. I should stick to the meat of the matter.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:14 pm

Is Tomahock steak like an inexpensive Mexican beef steak that needs an axe or small hatchet to cut it?
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:26 pm

A tomahawk steak is a ribeye steak with the rib cage bone left on. I consider the ribeye the best steak on a beef. It is a total rip off to pay for the bone at steak prices. Steak and other beef prices are a totally inflated at the moment. There are four big packers in the USA, Tyson Foods, JBS, Cargill and Marfrig. Eighty five per cent of all beef in the US comes from these four. At the moment they are making record profits. For each beef they process they make over $500.00. Whereas a rancher like myself is receiving record low prices of around $600 for a calf. There is a congressional investigation into this but the big four pay so much money to the politicians, I look for little to come of it. In Mexico where you are, you are paying these high prices on USA beef being imported and unfortunately the Mexican processors have adjusted their prices to the USA ones. There are many Mexican processors along the border and they too are now making record profits.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down