INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox

+7
SunFan
casi nada
ferret
CanuckBob
ComputerGuy
ColorMeBlue
Giovanna
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox - Page 2 Empty Re: Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:53 pm

casi nada wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:I can speak to that, because Bob and I discussed it many times. I, too, have the same Netgear router. WAP has nothing to do with it for purposes of this discussion. The Netgear router plugs into the iLox box (ONT or Optical Network Terminal).

I know it's a router.  But it's being used as a WAP, right?  If I knew the terminology was going to offend you, I would have said "router".  

OMG. Did you come over from TOB? WTF.

ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

jgriff likes this post

Back to top Go down

Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox - Page 2 Empty Re: Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:26 pm

Well I used the term modem when it should have been router.......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:14 pm

We know, and there are lots of terminologies that are confusing to many people. Your posts were perfectly understandable, and no "teaching moments" were required.

But when someone wants to come along and get "serious", one should be very careful. WAP means Wireless Application Protocol. (One reason the Telmex modems say "WEP/WAP key" on them, for the WiFi password.) WAP is not a router, it's a "protocol"; it's not a "device", and while you can find the definition of WAP as a generalized term for a device that emits a WiFi signal (ie: Wireless Access Point), the industry term is "AP", for simply Access Point.

I said that Casi Nada's term had nothing to do with it for purposes of our discussion, and that is correct. What is odd is the response, as in a very TOB way using the term "offend you". Thus my OMG and WTF.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Oh ok. Its all good!! Thanks for your help getting me to purchase that Netgear router. I love that via the phone app I can turn on/off the VPN for each individual device connected to it. I originally thought it would be all or nothing. Works great and very easy to set up.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:13 pm

OK Bob and Mike, I'm ready to splurge for the Netgear router. I need VPN service for streaming access and I would enjoy faster WiFi than my ilox modem provides.

What is the model you would recommend? Was Amazon Mx. the source?

Thanks

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:37 pm

Here is the link to the router I bought. It came from the US via Fed Ex in a couple of days.

https://www.flashrouters.com/netgear-r6700-ddwrt-router-expressvpn?a_aid=12345

After you get it you need to sign up with ExpressVPN to activate it on the router. If you have problems I could probably help you to get it going.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:12 pm

Some TV boxes are crap wifi
Just to test - use ethernet for a bit
ARe you using a vpn
which one
maybe point to a different server at the "country to receive from"
what is your internet speed on your tv/android box??? whatever -
through the vpn.

The streaming service has the same kinds of issues - but maybe with much better internet and maybe better servers.

VPN has toencrypt when sending and when receving. WHere is yourr vpn - on a router or on your android box or on your tv

encryption is pretty computer intensive.

Try a little bit witthout vpn.

Just a few things to consider.

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:04 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:
casi nada wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:I can speak to that, because Bob and I discussed it many times. I, too, have the same Netgear router. WAP has nothing to do with it for purposes of this discussion. The Netgear router plugs into the iLox box (ONT or Optical Network Terminal).

I know it's a router.  But it's being used as a WAP, right?  If I knew the terminology was going to offend you, I would have said "router".  

Person means wireless access point box I think and lets move on.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:10 pm

A new service is coming to Ajijic and I am using it right now with ILOX and it works. When local provider gets done cutting people over to new service from old service  I will let you know what it is. Right now they are overloaded with work so no point in you adding to the problem.  I can tell you it never buffers on any channel even the english channels.  I am very happy. My equipment is ILOX four port modem with WIFI turned off and 300 down service, an Amped high power access point for WIFI and a standard 2mb Android TV streaming box.  I have no experience with the sticks and such.

Be patient and you will be rewarded. I expect it will take a couple of weeks for them to catch up with current customers.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:31 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:
casi nada wrote:

Person means wireless access point box I think  and lets move on.

We moved on two weeks ago. I see no point in bringing it up again.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:22 pm

I've been running multiple Firesticks for several years now. Use Exodus, Exodus Redux and Seren add-ons. Use Strong VPN on a Buffalo router which hangs off Infinitum. My download speed used to be 8 Mb down and everything streamed just fine, now that Telmex has me up to 30 Mb down it works like a charm. YouTube, Netflix, and Prime all work well. Live TV from Dallas using Slingbox. Life is good.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by TooMuchCoffee Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Giovanna wrote:  The buffering has become extremely annoying, considering that a month ago it was not so bad.  So we turned off the wifi at the ilox modem, like several members have recommended.  Not any better.  Then we went to the ilox office to get a public IP address.  Not any better.  Then we installed StrongVPN.  Not any better.

I've experienced the same problems with my firestick.  It cannot reliably connect to my ILOX router which is only 8 feet away.  On the other hand, I have a Chromecast on the same TV and it connects fine.  I am buying an ethernet to usb adapter so I can connect via a cable to the modem.  I'll report back on what I find.

TooMuchCoffee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TooMuchCoffee Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm

TooMuchCoffee wrote:
Giovanna wrote:    It cannot reliably connect to my ILOX router which is only 8 feet away.  On the other hand, I have a Chromecast on the same TV and it connects fine.

I had the same problem with my firestick.  I resolved it by setting my wifi channel, at the router, to 6 or less.

TooMuchCoffee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2