INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilox packages

3 posters

Go down

Ilox packages Empty Ilox packages

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 21, 2020 11:29 am

I recently upgraded from the 40 mbps to 100 mbps. When I hard wire my laptop to the modem I am getting 100 mbps but wirelessly I only got an increase from 19mbps to 30 mbps standing right next to the modem. Not a huge difference. Probably not worth it unless your PC or Laptop are hardwired. After many discussions with them they said "it is what it is". Something definitely wrong with their modems.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Ilox packages Empty Re: Ilox packages

Post by ComputerGuy Thu May 21, 2020 11:42 am

And their customer service. I have tried for two months to drop from the 300 plan to the 100 plan; the owner told me I had to stay at 300 for 18 months as part of my contract. But my contract doesn't say that. Every time I go to the office I get promised that "a supervisor of the supervisor is looking into it".
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu May 21, 2020 12:07 pm

OK this is normal Bob. You got the right increase for the ILOX modem.  I never  get more than 70/90 with my 300 service on the 2.4 WIFI band (standard WIFI band).

So here is what you can do.

Turn off the WIFI on the ILOX modem (button on right side, look for light to go out on front) and add a Access point that has external antenna and preferable SMA removable antenna connected to one of the four internet jacks on back of ILOX modem. This will be an improvement. Forget the Fiberhome ILOX modem for WIFI as you already have figured out. Now if you can go to the 5.0 WIFI band your internet speed will go from 70/100 to 150/170 with 300 service. These numbers can vary depending on the your local congestion of the 2.4 WIFI band. In my hood 5.0 band is double 2.4 band on WIFI. I borrowed a WIFI status instrument and you could not believe the congestion in my hood on the 2.4 band and I bet your house has the same problem especially when LCS goes back online as I put a high power access point in LCS by the office years ago. 800  milliwatts instead of more normal 50/100 Milliwatts. So the third thing to do is put in a higher power access point. These units are kinds spendy so be warned 150 to 250 dollars).

Good luck! Its kinda fun to figure this shit out and make it work better. Yes ILOX has shitty WIFI on the Fiberhome four port unit. They also use a two port unit but never tested that one. I hate to say it cause you don't want to hear it but WIFI is a bit of Voodoo so getting 30 on 100 service is OK for the 2.4 band as I get 70/100 on my high power access point  with 300 service. My numbers are fresh and right next to modem.

Oh yea I forgot. The 5.0 band of WIFI does not go thru walls and such like the 2.4 band.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 21, 2020 12:33 pm

I already have a netgear access point. I switched it to the 5G and bam 80 mbps. Thanks.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu May 21, 2020 12:53 pm

I feel a little bit sheepish as I wasn't sure to give that secret away but I am glad it helped you.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down