INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS – Tourist Card extensions

3 posters

Go down

BREAKING NEWS – Tourist Card extensions  Empty BREAKING NEWS – Tourist Card extensions

Post by Intercasa Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:51 am

BREAKING NEWS – Tourist Card extensions

Immigration has agreed to allow people whose tourist cards have expired during the period from January 20, 2020 to April 30, 2020

Preauthorization in Chapala and then interview in Guadalajara, we take you into the city if you do not have transportation, then issuance of another 6 month tourist visa.

You need to let your tourist card lapse and your car will be illegal.

We also have another option…
For those over 60 years old or with health issues we can extend your tourist card for up to 1 year and keep your car legal. Also you can then apply for a temporary visa within Mexico without the need to leave when the extension is due to expire.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS – Tourist Card extensions  Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS – Tourist Card extensions

Post by mwool Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Spencer, my tourist visa (and vehicle TIP) is good until mid-June. Maybe things will be OK by then but probably not. I don't want to forfeit my TIP deposit but I do need to exit and return into MX because I am not ready to leave MX until Oct. so maybe the extension will still be available. I am over 60 but don't really want temporal right now. Any ideas?
mwool
mwool

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS – Tourist Card extensions  Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS – Tourist Card extensions

Post by ferret Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:45 pm

CALL HIM!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Right now there are two options, one is for people whose tourist cards or FMMs that have or will expire during the period January 20, 2020 to April 30, 2020.

With this option you get a new tourist card good for up to 6 months. If you have a vehicle then the vehicle will not be legal anymore as the immigration document that it was brought in under has expired.

Do you suffer from health problems? Are there restrictions on medical care or travel in your home country? Do you have a doctors letter or could you get a detailed one explaining what you have and that you cannot travel or leave the house and that any area with people i.e. bus station, airport would place you in grave risk?

We have another option we will be trying for people over 60 and also those who suffer from illnesses. We may need a doctor’s letter but it would be an option to not have to go to Guadalajara and would keep a car permit valid as well as give the person up to one year and during that time they could change to be a temporary resident.

Things are changing every week. They just extended the quarantine another month so much of this can change. Right now they are only taking people whose visas have expired so if your visa has not yet expired then it may be a bit premature.

As they extended the quarantine they will likely extend the program and extend the dates for expired visas to be extended.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by mwool Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Thanks for the details Spencer. Just gotta wait/see....
mwool
mwool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down