INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendations for optical place to get new prescription lens

+6
RickS
slainte39
IslandGirl
rckrckr
Gamina
sm1mex
10 posters

Go down

Recommendations for optical place to get new prescription lens Empty Recommendations for optical place to get new prescription lens

Post by sm1mex Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:47 am

I have a new prescription to replace my old glasses lens. Recommendations please where to get my new lens installed.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for optical place to get new prescription lens Empty Re: Recommendations for optical place to get new prescription lens

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:38 am

If you are needing progressive glass lenses, you won't find them in Mexico at all. They are even difficult to get made in the US.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for optical place to get new prescription lens Empty Re: Recommendations for optical place to get new prescription lens

Post by rckrckr Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:10 pm

Huh? I've had progressives made several times in Mexico with good results. Locally, Dra Camacho and Dr Pinto, both in the past year.

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:14 pm

I had progressives made by Dra. Camacho and am very pleased.

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:31 pm

I had progressives made by the lady at the LCS, no problem, worked perfect.
Tri-focal progressives.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:27 pm

The comment was about "Glass" progressive lenses.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:24 pm

No it wasn't. It was about lenses for glasses.
I have had good success with the place located between Z gas and Telmex with a prescription from the Ophthalmologist at Dermika ... and really bad success with Dr. Pinto who also provided the prescription.
But, it's time to make an appointment with Dra. Camacho anyway.
My lenses are both totally different and it would be nice if they haven't changed... but we're tracking the growth of a cataract on the only eye that really works. Bummer.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:29 pm

What I meant was that 'Gamina' suggested that 'glass' progressives lenses would be hard to find, and then everyone was jumping on that statement 'saying oh yes they are' but missed that 'she' was referring to 'glass' progressive lenses. Maybe.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Gotcha. I can't imagine anyone wearing GLASS lenses these days. Those suckers are heavy. Been wearing glasses (originally made of glass) since I was three. I hated them and often hid them under the carpet with the hopes that someone would step on them and I would get a reprieve for a while.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:29 am

I've worn glass lenses forever. This last time I couldn't even get them in the States like usual. I got plastic lenses and hate them; even though I only clean them with the special cloth, they get scratched. Within a year I have to replace them to the tune of $400US. Not a happy camper with plastic.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:48 am

I think Dra. Camacho is still on maternity leave. I got my Rx from Dra. Mariana at Quality Care and was very pleased with her exam.
I was given a name of Ruben at a place before the bus station in Chapala. Has anyone used Ruben?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:16 am

Gamina wrote:I've worn glass lenses forever.  This last time I couldn't even get them in the States like usual.  I got plastic lenses and hate them; even though I only clean them with the special cloth, they get scratched.  Within a year I have to replace them to the tune of $400US.  Not a happy camper with plastic.

Gamina, next time you get glasses made, get the non-scratch protective coating. Works good.

Don't know who Ruben is, but there is an optical place midway between the Correos and the bus station. Asked the postal guys about it one day, they weren't too keen on it. Of course, ymmv. Costco seems to have a good selection of frames and a good reputation for optics.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:05 am

The optical place before the Chapala bus station is called Optima Vision. The guys name on his card is Ruben.
Anyone know about Optima vision success with new glasses. I have my own frames. Just need the lenses.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:32 am

sm1mex wrote:I think Dra. Camacho is still on maternity leave.  I got my Rx from Dra. Mariana at Quality Care and was very pleased with her exam.
I was given a name of Ruben at a place before the bus station in Chapala.  Has anyone used Ruben?

Dra. Camacho is now back to work.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Mexican friend introduced me to Carlos Alberto Martinez on Degollado #333 in Chapala 331 721 4835. I was able to buy new lens for old frames, needed minor repair. He got it done in 2 days, about 1000p & then lens were 'set' correctly, w my pupils, if you know what I mean. Very pleased w his services & would recommend him. His card reads 'Optica ussual' in a square like an eye chart. Some knowledge of Spanish helps, but phoning a fluent friend or using google translate works fine.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:27 pm

caligirl108 wrote:Mexican friend introduced me to Carlos Alberto Martinez on Degollado #333 in Chapala 331 721 4835.  I was able to buy new lens for old frames, needed minor repair.  He got it done in 2 days, about 1000p & then lens were 'set' correctly, w my pupils, if you know what I mean.  Very pleased w his services & would recommend him.  His card reads 'Optica ussual' in a square like an eye chart. Some knowledge of Spanish helps, but phoning a fluent friend or using google translate works fine.

We also use them.
Quality products, excellent workmanship and reasonable prices.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down