INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniors Auto Body -- Stay Away, Stay Far Away

+3
CanuckBob
ltollefs
jsmark5333@gmail.com
7 posters

Go down

Juniors Auto Body -- Stay Away, Stay Far Away Empty Juniors Auto Body -- Stay Away, Stay Far Away

Post by jsmark5333@gmail.com Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:35 pm

I backed into a concrete pole with my Rav4. Took it to Auto Shop Ajijic near Casa de Waffle. Had good work done there before. The estimate was $11,000 MX. Decided to file a claim with my insurance, Qualitas. Qualitas sent an adjuster within 30 minutes and did a rough estimate of $12,000 MX. I was told if I took it to the repair shop they work with, Juniors, they would cover the full cost less my deductable.

To make a very long story short, Juniors estimated the repair in 2 weeks, including 1 week for parts. After 10 weeks, with multiple promises of completion "the next day," I got the car back. The repair work was so bad -- body parts with gaping seems -- that I complained to Qualitas who examined the work and arranged for Juniors to redo it. Another week. The completed work was ok -- still body panels not fitting tightly. Juniors total about 18,000 mx. I drove away and discovered by radio was not working and thought that they had done something with the electrical system. When I returned to Juniors, the repair guy noted that my antenna was missing and that they had removed it and put it on another car! (that part of my car had no damage.)

Got my antenna, got my car, and will have some of the work redone the next time i have body repair.

jsmark5333@gmail.com

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Juniors Auto Body -- Stay Away, Stay Far Away Empty Re: Juniors Auto Body -- Stay Away, Stay Far Away

Post by ltollefs Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:48 pm

The Five Is: Incompetence, indifference, indolence, indignance and irascibilty. Once you get past these, it's not so bad. Keep smiling!
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Juniors Auto Body -- Stay Away, Stay Far Away Empty Re: Juniors Auto Body -- Stay Away, Stay Far Away

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:19 pm

If enough people complain to Qualitus about Juniors then maybe they will find someone else unless of course Junior's on the "kick back" plan. I've heard several bad stories about Juniors and insurance claims.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm

That's so sad. It used to be really, really good before the original owner headed to the U.S.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:22 pm

ferret wrote:That's so sad. It used to be really, really good before the original owner headed to the U.S.

Who was the original owner?  Isn´t Jr., Raul´s brother still there?  
We´re talking about the body shop in your neighborhood, Riberas.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:31 pm

Sorry, I thought the OP was talking about the shop near Casa de Waffle. I think it may be time to get my eyes checked again.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:19 pm

Junior's is the worst body repair shop in this area. Shame on Qualitas!

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:05 pm

ferret wrote:Sorry, I thought the OP was talking about the shop near Casa de Waffle. I think it may be time to get my eyes checked again.

Lake Body Shop near Casa de Waffle is excellent.  No connection to Jr.´s.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by K2tog Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:11 pm

I have a friend who uses Qualitas as her car ins agent. They refer all repairs to Jrs. in Riberas. They also did a half-assed job on her car. Lots of glue and no so many new parts.

I took my car there for repairs a long time ago with my husband. Jr. quoted us $4000 pesos for touch ups of paint, attaching the front bumper, small dents and scratches. My husband left to back to US. I had to call them several times to find out when my car would be ready. Arrived by bus with $4000 pesos and Jr. said, Oh sorry it'll be $8000. I was pissed as hell. Had to pay a ransom to get my car back. The front bumper was glued on -- which lasted about 2 months and then it began to fall off again.

Never again would I darken that business' doorway. I think maybe Qualitas has some kind of quid pro quo with Junior too.
K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Yep, you can bet on it.......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down