INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psilocybin

+12
mudgirl
oncesubtle
gringal
kiko
inthecolumbiagorge
CanuckBob
Gamina
slainte39
Carry Bean
ferret
Trailrunner
Jreboll
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Psilocybin  - Page 2 Empty Re: Psilocybin

Post by Trailrunner Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 pm

HAHAHAHAHA. Funny guy!

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:19 pm

kiko wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:.......
I remember laughing a lot. I remember colors being exquisite. And I remember 3 of us standing on the shoreline in Baja, side by side, arms linked together, trying to tip the world over. On the count of three! One, two, three . . .

Damn small world, I have been wondering for years who the third person was.  Psilocybin  - Page 2 477249

After the ship landed…..hmmm…..the holy trinity had shrunk to one personage.
friends seem to come and go…...rapidly…..sometimes…... lol!
I´m never alone…….I´m always alone

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:37 am

Way back when, at the age everyone was trying various mind-bending drugs, one of my good artist friends shared LSD with his girlfriend.  Before he could stop her, she went out and off a third story balcony and died. I never tried any of those drugs, since I figured I was nutty enough already.

As far as learning something about color is concerned, I guess most of the gang hanging in the Louvre missed out on something, eh?
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:33 am

Nah back in those days they smoked opium.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Lady Otter Latté and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:46 pm

lol And nodded out on the scaffolding!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm

gringal wrote:Way back when, at the age everyone was trying various mind-bending drugs, one of my good artist friends shared LSD with his girlfriend.  Before he could stop her, she went out and off a third story balcony and died. I never tried any of those drugs, since I figured I was nutty enough already.

As far as learning something about color is concerned, I guess most of the gang hanging in the Louvre missed out on something, eh?
lol!

Same here. In the ‘60’s pre-Manson I used to hang out at a place in Topanga Canyon called the Corral. A lot of the patrons were stoned (band seemed to always be playing Season of the Witch with a strobe light over the dance floor.) One night I wandered over to the pool table where a couple of little kids about 6-7 were staring at the balls in play on the table. Only they were high as a kite with their eyes looking like no little kids’ eyes should ever look. That turned me off completely to the idea of any drugs like that. Fortunately, I stepped away from booze later as well.

Carry on...

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:36 pm

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEL0Agn3vzDZZRvKaRTP7j8QqFQgEKg0IACoGCAow8oA-MLswMJKBAQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen
Studies to continue

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:41 am

Trailrunner wrote:I've eaten peyote twice, once for the Monterrey Pop Festival once for fun. The taste is SO VILE that it is difficult to get down. Almost all of us vomited. After that, it was an awesome kaleidoscope of music and colors. The second time we blended it with strawberry yogurt and it was palatable.

I found it not as mind-bending or introspective as LSD was but all the fun stuff with music and colors.

If you eat it, Bob, take it little by little. A little goes a long way. Have fun!

Grind it up and put it in cocoa. Not too hard to swallow that way:-)
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:33 am

lol!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:13 am

The high from mushrooms and peyote buttons were always the same for me. A nice day-long color fest, lots of laughing and a few fun hallucinations, Always mellow. Perfect substance for snorkeling or trips to the zoo. LSD is much better for the experienced with lots of "Did you see that's?" because of the more intense hallucinations etc. One of my friends shot some LSD once and I asked WTF that was like and he said: Instant peaking, 100% rush for two hours, a totally intense trip. I passed.

Misc notes: Only saw a bad trip once and that was by a young lady who was already on a bad trip. A couple of reds (sleeping pills) took care of her.

On fun with peyote days clean the buttons to eliminate the yellow/white hairs. Then mask the taste with a strong liquid concoction. With the mushrooms a banana will do.

All trips are more fun with a friend.

Best to get an early start (9 a.m) as the effects of both will probably not wear off for 12 hrs.

YMMV

oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:36 pm

Just read Baba Ram Dass passed away at 88 yrs. Remember reading his book "Be Here Now" some 40 yrs ago. Super interesting guy.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:28 am

New and upcoming...

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/psilocybin-dissolvable-sublingual-strips-treat-depression?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email_news&utm_campaign=081220_us_wed

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:24 pm

Jreboll wrote:Anyone try psilocybin in Mexico?  60 Minutes had a report on it tonight and it sounds exciting and scary. It is only being offered in medical research centers in the US.

People have been eating magic mushrooms in British Columbia for decades. I didn't realize it was such a novelty.

The best psychotropic drug I ever took is DMT. Different than mushrooms or LSD. On those, the table might be doing weird things and change color, but you still somehow know it's a table. With DMT, you're not really aware of the physical world- you go straight to the universal, ego-less plane. Wade Davis, the botanist and drug researcher who wrote The Serpent and the Rainbow, The Spotted Jaguar, and other books, described it as like being shot out of a cannon through a hallway lined with baroque paintings and landing in a sea of electricity. According to him, it's a universally pleasurable experience- no one he knows or has talked to (and that's his line of wok) ever had a "bad trip."

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:29 pm

Yes, "Magic Mushrooms" were also popular in and around Seattle. I never tried them but I heard that they were growing in the wild. T also remember that I was told to be careful because there were poisonous mushrooms out there as well..
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:38 am

Today 60 Minutes will have an episode on the use of psychotropic drugs to treat depression. I don’t know if it’s a rerun.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Every year there was supposedly a bumper crop on green areas Vancouver International Airport. The pickees would arrive for days, I don't think the police could do much about it back then.
Mushroom pickers are a real job in British Columbia. One movie worker tried to persuade me to take my motorhome up north with him. He had a reliable source of pine mushrooms. These are worth more than truffles in Japan, and could make thousands of dollars per week gathering and selling them
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:23 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/psychedelic-drugs-lsd-active-agent-in-magic-mushrooms-to-treat-addiction-depression-anxiety-60-minutes-2020-08-16/

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:27 pm

Or, in other words...

Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:32 pm

inthecolumbiagorge wrote:Grind it up and put it in cocoa. Not too hard to swallow that way:-)

You have to be careful about making psychedelics taste too good. We once ground up magic mushrooms and mixed it with some delicious melted Belgian chocolate and let it set up in star shaped ice cube trays. We started by breaking off a point of the star and seeing how high we got, then eating another point if it wasn't enough. But it was really easy to get higher than you wanted to, because it tasted so yummy
Psilocybin  - Page 2 169387

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:44 pm

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-news/the-first-canadian-to-legally-consume-psilocybin-for-medical-purposes-shares-his-experience

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stratasphere Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:39 am

CanuckBob wrote:I grew 8 peyote caps to about 3" round each. They have been dried and ground into a powder . Just waiting for an appropriate time and place to experiment.

From my 45++ year recollection... The alkaloids in Peyote didn't sit well with my stomach. Whereas, I never had stomach problems with mushrooms. I recently tried mushrooms again. I didn't do very much. It was pleasant but not overwhelming. I don't think I'm willing to do as much as I did in my youth.

stratasphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:50 pm

I just saw a tv ad for ketamine infusion therapy for depression here in McAllen. This is done on an outpatient basis. I guess ketamine is starting to go mainstream.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum