INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to buy extra large or large eggs

+6
brigitte
dichosalocura
borderreiver
ComputerGuy
Carry Bean
sm1mex
10 posters

Go down

Where to buy extra large or large eggs Empty Where to buy extra large or large eggs

Post by sm1mex Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:09 pm

Looking for large eggs at lakeside.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where to buy extra large or large eggs Empty Re: Where to buy extra large or large eggs

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:38 pm

I’m not good on the street names in San Antonio but the street there that runs on the west side of the plaza has a little store that sells extra large eggs. It’s on the west side of the street within that same block.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where to buy extra large or large eggs Empty Re: Where to buy extra large or large eggs

Post by sm1mex Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:44 pm

When you go up that street west of the plaza, can you tell me how far up the store is and which side of the street is it on, east (right) or west (left) side. Thanks.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:04 pm

West side of the street near the plaza.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:24 pm

Almost right across from the plaza. It's a one-way going north. So come down the other side (come off the highway at iShop), drive to the bottom, turn right and swing around the plaza. It is called Super Laura and is almost right across from the plaza. Parking sometimes, sometimes not. I park on the other side of the plaza and walk across.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Eggs for the 120 odd million inhabitants of Mexico are sold by weight. Eggs are their largest protein source. Attempts by gringos to grade them by size and put them in containers have failed to date. Maybe the Donald can put some pressure on.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by dichosalocura Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:40 pm

The vegetarian eggs (I'm not even sure what that means) the ones they sell at Super Lake are some of the more uniformly large eggs I've seen in a while and they are vegetarian what ever that means.

dichosalocura

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:57 pm

the hens are corn feed.. maybe none of the industrial feed.. who knows.. I guess they get no chance to eat bugs in their cages...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:14 am

Vegetarian chickens.......now that's a good one!! I didn't realize bugs were in the meat category.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:36 am

Considering that bugs are not vegetables, it makes sense to me. Chickens will eat just about anything... including chicken skin. I've seen it and it grossed me out. If somebody is controlling what the chickens eat to just a vegetarian diet, then more power to them. Just like feeding them marigold flower heads to make the yoke more yellow. Better food equals better eggs.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:09 am

I've always found free range, bug eating, chicken eggs to be the best.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:48 am

And you may be absolutely correct. However, for those that are vegetarians, it may be a bonus.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:12 pm

I always buy my eggs at el Torito.  The ones in the open crate are usually large and extra large.  Pick the ones you want.  Good price too.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:37 pm

I like to pick my own eggs as well, selecting smooth hard shells = healthy chickens, fewer yolk breaks. El Granero, next to Gossips has white eggs from an El Chante source ~ buying local helps our lakeside brethren.. The lamb lady at Tuesday market has my favorite flock - always ran out during high season.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down