INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Drive from Ajijic to Sayula

4 posters

Go down

A Drive from Ajijic to Sayula Empty A Drive from Ajijic to Sayula

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Last Wed., I had the opportunity to visit a furniture factory in Sayula that manufactures furniture and doors from mesquite and parota wood. We left from the Ajijic tianguis and made the one hour and forty-five minute drive to the factory. While I again video recorded the entire trip, here is an 11+ minute version of the trip and you won't have to sign in to view:
https://picasaweb.google.com/118146709599975173363/SAYULATRIP?authkey=Gv1sRgCPeL6-uvzbCP0gE#slideshow/5648571948371743282

I apologize for the music choice and you will probably want to turn off your sound!

I found it quite interesting that the factory was sawing their own lumber with some equipment that should probably have been in an antique museum. Their workmanship and furniture designs were very impressive! There will manufacture to order in custom sizes and configurations.
Slideshow: https://picasaweb.google.com/118146709599975173363/FURNITUREFACTORYSAYULAJALISCOMEXICO?authkey=Gv1sRgCKaw8OaBq5-nvgE#slideshow/5648591496605763282

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A Drive from Ajijic to Sayula Empty Re: A Drive from Ajijic to Sayula

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Nice video. I loved the music. Far better than that Xylophone music on your last one......jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:33 pm

The trip is kinda cool for those that have driven most of it. You deprived us of the tope experiences. I see they haven't done much from Joco the highway 54 but they already thinks it's 3 lanes in parts. Why don't you put them on YouTube where there is a volume button rather than turning my speaker down. Easy Rider this was not. Better exposure too

Wonder why you went there, must be others around
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:55 pm

The original video was shot from the corner of the Ajijic tianguis (where the Oaxaca rugs are displayed) to Sayula and at full length was 1 hour and 45 minutes long. I used my Flip camera software to reduce that to a "Magic Movie" of 11+ minutes. This reduction process missed many of the topes but I just figured out how to pull/copy/save clips from the individual videos and then create a master topes video. As far as posting to YouTube, they apparently have reduced the allowable length to 10 minutes and this one exceeds their limit. Rather than fight with their limit, I just purchased another 20GB of storage on Picasa to allow for my video experiments and the 2600+ photos that I took on our trip.

As for the music, Flip software has 7 songs and I picked by name without listening to the music. Future efforts with have more appropriate music and hopefully will meet with the critics expectations. For future trips, I am ordering a better window mount for the camera rather than using a jury rigged setup.

I went to Sayula with Mrs Hound Dawg since she had suggested that they might produce products that we could add to our product offering for import NOB. She was absolutely correct!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:08 pm

A minute or two could have been lost (shucked) ... since this was not the Baja 500. Adding your own sound-track on YouTube is not as easy I agree. Overall cool stuff .... thanks
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:34 pm

That is pretty typical of a lot of shops down here. Much better equipment than many though. And most of what I see is good quality industrial machinery, especially the big band saw and the thickness planer.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Since I flunked the music test with my choice of dumb choice of music that was attached to the video, please try the following revised version:
https://picasaweb.google.com/118146709599975173363/AJIJICToSAYULA2?authkey=Gv1sRgCJXYiPCssK-XDA#5649027198578517650

I would imagine that many will recognize the band and before anyone jumps my case, I purchased this copyrighted music. On top of that, I am currently working with Flip to be able to use some of their songs on our website, which we hope to launch shortly. If any of you are familiar with the music business, one must obtain releases or else the "music mafia" gets all over your case. Their website will be linked on our website.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Since Sparks asked why - here are a couple of fotos of the type products I went to look for:
[img]A Drive from Ajijic to Sayula Arm10[/img]

[img]A Drive from Ajijic to Sayula Cos_4110[/img]

[img]A Drive from Ajijic to Sayula Cos_4111[/img]

[img]A Drive from Ajijic to Sayula Ssamy_10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down