INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there someplace Lakeside where they do bone density scanning

+2
Carry Bean
Problem Child
6 posters

Go down

Is there someplace Lakeside where they do bone density scanning Empty Is there someplace Lakeside where they do bone density scanning

Post by Problem Child Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:42 am

for Osteoporosis?

Thanks.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is there someplace Lakeside where they do bone density scanning Empty Re: Is there someplace Lakeside where they do bone density scanning

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:54 am

I had to go to Guadalajara and this was within the last 6 months.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is there someplace Lakeside where they do bone density scanning Empty Re: Is there someplace Lakeside where they do bone density scanning

Post by Wide Sky Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:05 pm

The xray place next door to Tio Sam's has a sign saying they now do bone density testing. Saw the sign in the last few weeks.

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Wide Sky wrote:The xray place next door to Tio Sam's has a sign saying they now do bone density testing. Saw the sign in the last few weeks.

Thanks. Will check it out.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Wide Sky wrote:The xray place next door to Tio Sam's has a sign saying they now do bone density testing. Saw the sign in the last few weeks.

Good to know and must be new because it was a Quality Care doctor who sent me to Guad.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 pm

They have a device that they put on your heel to check for bone density, but I have had many Drs. say they are not a good test. Best to have the kind where they do the hip and and back area.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:39 pm

That’s what I got in Guad.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:56 pm

That's the complete test for accurate results. that heel thing, not so good.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:20 pm

When I had the test in Calif. maybe 10-13 years ago, I was put on Fosamax for 2-years; one tab a week. I don't recall if I got a recheck, but so far, I haven't broken anything.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is there someplace Lakeside where they do bone density scanning Empty Why!

Post by Nicksco Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Problem Child wrote:When I had the test in Calif. maybe 10-13 years ago, I was put on Fosamax for 2-years; one tab a week. I don't recall if I got a recheck, but so far, I haven't broken anything.
Why do people wery about things like that??? There is alot of other things that are as important as that!!!!!
Nicksco
Nicksco

Humor : good

http://nicksco1@msn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:49 pm

For myself, it's because I know what can happen if I fall and break a hip due to osteoporosis. Don't you go for regular checkups: Yearly physical?

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is there someplace Lakeside where they do bone density scanning Empty No!

Post by Nicksco Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Problem Child wrote:For myself, it's because I know what can happen if I fall and break a hip due to osteoporosis. Don't you go for regular checkups: Yearly physical?
I have not been to a Dr. in 20 years and I am 83 years old, just drink good Beer!!!! Beer
Nicksco
Nicksco

Humor : good

http://nicksco1@msn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Nicksco wrote:
Problem Child wrote:For myself, it's because I know what can happen if I fall and break a hip due to osteoporosis. Don't you go for regular checkups: Yearly physical?
I have not been to a Dr. in 20 years and I am 83 years old, just drink good Beer!!!! Beer

Sounds like good genetics to me.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhappyday Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:53 pm

As I used to tell my then 87-year-old father- "Somethings going to kill you so why not live while you can and quit worrying it." He died in his sleep while napping on a Sunday afternoon.

ohhappyday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down