INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Beneficiary on Real Estate

+3
gringal
solajijic
FeelinGroovy83
7 posters

Go down

Changing Beneficiary on Real Estate Empty Changing Beneficiary on Real Estate

Post by FeelinGroovy83 Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:11 pm

I own a house in Chapala and want to change the beneficiary on the deed.

I would also like to add a second owner to my car on the what? Registration?

No, I do not yet have a Mexican will.

I'm just beginning the process of "putting my affairs in order." There is a boatload of stuff that needs to be done. But if I get hit by a bus tmro I want my Mexican assets going to the right person. It's hard to know where to start.

Thanks for any personal experiences, and real legal advice.

Libby
FeelinGroovy83
FeelinGroovy83
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Changing Beneficiary on Real Estate Empty Re: Changing Beneficiary on Real Estate

Post by solajijic Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:16 pm

Real legal advice comes with an appropriate bill for services. We prefer Spencer McMullen or Azucena Bateman either/or as the opening salvos to legal work. If you need to coordinate with NoB documents make that clear from the beginning interview.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Changing Beneficiary on Real Estate Empty Re: Changing Beneficiary on Real Estate

Post by FeelinGroovy83 Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:59 pm

solajijic wrote:Real legal advice comes with an appropriate bill for services.  We prefer Spencer McMullen or Azucena Bateman either/or as the opening salvos to legal work.  If you need to coordinate with NoB documents make that clear from the beginning interview.

Deleted by admin. Read the rules.

FeelinGroovy83
FeelinGroovy83
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:50 pm

Really, nice way to be. I gave you two local names. It wasn't apparent that you already know who go to or you would have gone there first. Also most people don't realize initially that if they have wills or deeds or accounts etc... in the US where they have previously designated a beneficiary those documents do not necessarily stand alone. They need to be coordinated. Hope your day gets better.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by FeelinGroovy83 Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:37 pm

solajijic wrote:Really, nice way to be.  I gave you two local names.  It wasn't apparent that you already know who go to or you would have gone there first.  Also most people don't realize initially that if they have wills or deeds or accounts etc... in the US where they have previously designated a beneficiary those documents do not necessarily stand alone.  They need to be coordinated. Hope your day gets better.

Excuse me. You just got on my last nerve. What I should have said is thanks for mansplaining and you might want to check your reading comprehension.

I said I own a house in Chapala. I'm concerned about My Mexican assets going to the right person. Do you actually think I don't know Spencer? No mention of anything NOB.

I've seen this happen 100s of times on these forums. Someone asks a straight-forward question and people, usually men, chime in with everything they think they know on the topic without adding actual useful information. It's okay not to know, but you needn't comment in a sarcastic way about paying for legal services. That was an obvious jab at me and completely unnecessary.

FeelinGroovy83
FeelinGroovy83
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:40 pm

Not to ruin a perfectly good rant, but Solajic is a woman. Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by FeelinGroovy83 Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:52 pm

gringal wrote:Not to ruin a perfectly good rant, but Solajic is a woman. Beer

Wow. I guess the need to pretend to be an expert on every topic is not just a man thing.

FeelinGroovy83
FeelinGroovy83
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Yes she is and so is gringal and so am I.
So, now that we're all in a bitchy mood, I would suggest that you follow solajijic's advice and get professional help.
It's gonna cost you to make the those changes and it won't be the professional you choose that does the charging. I'm jumping through some hoops right now simply to get my deceased hubby's name OFF the car registration and it is in both of our names. The registration office in Chapala literally wants me to BUY my own car back. F. that!
I would go to Notario #2 and get a will done immediately and ask, at the time, if the WILL is going to take precedence over what you already have in place regarding the house and the car.
I find dealing with the bureaucracy in Mexico to be, not only illogical, but very frustrating.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:29 pm

This is good advice, ferret. Less expensive than Spencer and may be all you need to do. Buena suerte, groovy. Very Happy

"I would go to Notario #2 and get a will done immediately and ask, at the time, if the WILL is going to take precedence over what you already have in place regarding the house and the car."
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:06 pm

If you can wait until September, the charge for the will is substantially reduced for that month. I think that's for all the notaries.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by FeelinGroovy83 Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks, Ferret, "I would go to Notario #2 and get a will done immediately and ask, at the time, if the WILL is going to take precedence over what you already have in place regarding the house and the car." This is exactly what I was looking for.
FeelinGroovy83
FeelinGroovy83
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by FeelinGroovy83 Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:02 pm

gringal wrote:If you can wait until September, the charge for the will is substantially reduced for that month. I think that's for all the notaries.

Thank you, I know about that, but for personal reasons, I cannot wait.
FeelinGroovy83
FeelinGroovy83
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:13 pm

FeelinGroovy83 wrote:I own a house in Chapala and want to change the beneficiary on the deed.

Free/worthless legal advice: I'm pretty sure in Mexico, the beneficiary on a deed needs to be your spouse, child(ren), parent(s)....and, I think that's it.....otherwise, if no direct blood line, you need a will.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:17 pm

That is absolutely correct Rosa Venus. Been down that road too. I had to do a will so one of my Stepsons could inherit the house and everything else because he was not a blood relative. He happens to be the Executor of my Canadian will as well and has his marching orders (so to speak) with regards to his siblings (two other stepsons). He has, in his possession, a certified copy of the deed to the house and the Mexican will.
All done and all the options explained well by Notario #2.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi, I can help get this all done
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:04 pm

But you can't do a will Spencer.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:11 pm

I work with notaries so yes I do them and the notary prints on their paper and signs. Also can consult on estate planning and the like.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Start legal matters with an abogado and let them coordinate with the notario.  

Your medical and legal work is only as good as your advisors rolodex is deep.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Thanks Spencer and Solajijic. I learn something new every day. Two sets of eyes is better than one.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down