INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what are your plans for New Years eve? Don't be disappointed if - -- - -

+2
benjji
Problem Child
6 posters

Go down

So what are your plans for New Years eve? Don't be disappointed if  - --  - - Empty So what are your plans for New Years eve? Don't be disappointed if - -- - -

Post by Problem Child Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:41 pm

It may not be what you're use to.

About six decades ago, for a couple of NYE celebrations, I went to restaurants. Very disappointed what with small tables, a "Special NYE Menu," very high prices, chicken or fish, and some salad. VERY high priced and I didn't enjoy it, Maybe because I don't drink?

Anyway, after that it was private home parties or hosting a party. That worked.

As the decades passed, I usually passed on the parties (depending on what type of party it was

Since being down here, NYE hasn't been a big deal, usually passed on it.

This year, my wife wants to go with some friends to a NYE party at a restaurant (Golf Course)? here. The price is$900 per person for the special NYE Menu. As far as the menus go, some sound pretty decent, however remember, what we may consider as a "steak" NOB may not be what you get. Often portions are smaller and many prepared in advance.

Prices seem to range from $600 p/p (not including drinks tip).

But here is the kicker: Most of then go from 5pm until 9pm. mariachi and a couple until 0200. I thought the traditional NYE kiss was to be at midnight.

So what rea your plans?

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

So what are your plans for New Years eve? Don't be disappointed if  - --  - - Empty Re: So what are your plans for New Years eve? Don't be disappointed if - -- - -

Post by benjji Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:02 pm

To avoid wherever you are going.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

So what are your plans for New Years eve? Don't be disappointed if  - --  - - Empty Re: So what are your plans for New Years eve? Don't be disappointed if - -- - -

Post by rvanparys Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:29 am

900 pesos for a steak when there are multiple restaurants selling in the 280 to 300 range for quality beef seems a bit over the top... But if it floats your boat go for it...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:05 am

We have booked a hotel in GDL with several other friends. Going to hang out at the nightclubs.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:15 am

CanuckBob wrote:We have booked a hotel in GDL with several other friends. Going to hang out at the nightclubs.

That sound like a good plan.I'll guess taking a large vehicle rather than individual cars.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:25 am

There are too many to go in one vehicle.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Hotel Morales? love it there.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by dichosalocura Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:52 pm

For those that prefer not to travel as far as Guadalajara, Chapala puts on a pretty big NYE party on the malecón. Finished up with a nice fireworks display. What I like is to watch the chapala malecón display in sync with the fireworks displays going off at the same time in all the small towns around the lake. It is pretty amazing to watch!

dichosalocura

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:56 pm

sounds magical. Thx
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down