INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police chief gunned down in ambulance

+4
ferret
espíritu del lago
oncesubtle
kipissippi
8 posters

Go down

Police chief gunned down in ambulance Empty Police chief gunned down in ambulance

Post by kipissippi Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Anyone heard anything more about this? I read it on the OB. http://www.chapala.com/wwwboard/webboard.html I keep hoping that things are calming down.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Police chief gunned down in ambulance Empty Re: Police chief gunned down in ambulance

Post by oncesubtle Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:39 pm

kipissippi wrote:Anyone heard anything more about this? I read it on the OB. http://www.chapala.com/wwwboard/webboard.html I keep hoping that things are calming down.
Thanks for posting the link Kipi, probably would have missed that one. cheers
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Police chief gunned down in ambulance Empty Re: Police chief gunned down in ambulance

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 pm

I couldn't find it? Has it been removed?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:35 pm

News is....news Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:36 pm

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=30103

The cool thing about this forum is that you can link to just about anything...unlike the paranoid TOB
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm

I don't think so...but here's a cut and paste:

GUADALAJARA, Mexico – A wounded municipal police chief was finished off by gunmen while he was being transported to a hospital by a Mexican Red Cross ambulance over the weekend, prosecutors said.

Jesus Caledonio Humildad Galaviz was ambushed and shot Saturday night on a highway in a remote area of Jalisco state near the border with Zacatecas state.

The police chief was wounded in the initial attack and finished off later by the gunmen who ambushed him, the Jalisco state Attorney General’s Office said.

Humildad Galaviz was attacked on the highway that links Ixtlahuacan, where he served as police chief, with Cuquio, a town in the northern part of Jalisco, the AG’s office said.

The police chief, who had received threats from criminal organizations, was treated by Red Cross paramedics and loaded into an ambulance that headed for Guadalajara, the capital of Jalisco.

The gunmen stopped the ambulance, forced the paramedics out of the vehicle and opened fire on Humildad Galaviz, killing him, the AG’s office said.

kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:41 pm

TY..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:47 pm

At least they didn't shoot the paramedics ( witnesses ) I wonder if Calderon is rethinking his war with the Cartels...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:59 pm

kipissippi wrote:Anyone heard anything more about this? I read it on the OB. http://www.chapala.com/wwwboard/webboard.html I keep hoping that things are calming down.

You realize that this was quite distant from Chapala, don't you?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:24 pm

I read the story in Spanish yesterday. They thought he was in an accidental car accident. His wife witnessed the whole thing. I'd wondered, how the assassins pulled this off. Were they shooting at the ambulance? I see this story in English says they pulled the vehicle over.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:39 pm

He was the Police Chief of Ixtlahaucan.... but I think there are two Ixtlahaucans.......was it the one on the way to Guad? It sounded like the story was coming from there. Anyone heard anything else?

Solovino wrote:

You realize that this was quite distant from Chapala, don't you?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Ixtlahaucan de rio or something not los miembros which is over the hill.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Yeah, it really had nothing to do with the Chapala area but news is news.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Del Rio is near the northern border of Jalisco, De Los Membrillos is between GDL and Chapala.

Last edited by gringomojado on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Glad it was the "other" Istlahuacan....It still surprises me that they left witnesses.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down