INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bazar for Injured Gardener - Donations

+3
Bill Phillips
Trailrunner
Sunnyvmx
7 posters

Go down

Bazar for Injured Gardener - Donations Empty Bazar for Injured Gardener - Donations

Post by Sunnyvmx Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:24 am

Our young hardworking Assistant Gardener was hit by a drunk driver. He's in the hospital with severe injuries. He is suffering with a broken jaw, lost teeth and has had one leg amputated from below the knee. He comes from a good hardworking family, but medical costs are mounting and we, the residents of The Penthouse, are hoping to help. We would like for him to have a good prosthetic leg so he can return to work when he has fully mended. We miss him.

We are planning to have a Bazar and bake sale or open café on Saturday, September 22. I am clearing my home of decorator items, kitchen and whatever else that I don't need, want or am just tired of storing. Some items have never been used. It's all going to a good cause. All of us here are joining in to make this a huge success. We will gladly accept your donated items for sale and would hope to see you on the 22nd. Ads will follow with address directions and times, list of items for sale and maybe photos. Look for them in the Classified section. This is "Community Living" at it's best.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lots of it

Back to top Go down

Bazar for Injured Gardener - Donations Empty Re: Bazar for Injured Gardener - Donations

Post by Trailrunner Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:08 am

How sad, good of you all to step up. Please keep us posted with updates and times etc.
Thanks.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Bazar for Injured Gardener - Donations Empty Re: Bazar for Injured Gardener - Donations

Post by Bill Phillips Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:38 am

How old is he ?
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:55 am

What a nice teenager. We live almost next door and know this young man. Very hard working and worthy of any and all donations you can offer.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:27 am

Mrs. Rupert wrote:What a nice teenager.  We live almost next door and know this young man.  Very hard working and worthy of any and all donations you can offer.
"What a nice teenager."... Again, can someone confirm his exact age... with DOB if possible ?
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:43 am

Maybe I should give you a little more info as to why I'm asking for the persons age.

I am a member of the Lake Chapala Shrine Club and our International Shriners Hospitals for Children treat children up to the age of 18 for Orthopaedic, Burn Care, Spinal Cord  Injury and Cleft Lip and Palate treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.  Our Mexico City Hospital may be able to help.  See  

Shriners Hospital for Children - Orthopaedics
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnyvmx Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:43 pm

I believe he's 17.  I'll find out now for sure.  Wouldn't that be wonderful.

Yes, he is 17 and a representative of the Shriners has visited Alehandro (we call him Alex) at the hospital and he is going to be fitted with an excellent prosthetic leg. We will now be able to help with new teeth. Thanks to the Shriners for their caring, assistance and love for children.

Donated items for sale can be dropped off anytime at The Penthouse, Avenida del Pilar #54 in Riberas behind Mirasol. Someone will answer the doorbell and receive your items with much thanks and appreciation.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Absolutely fabulous! Couldn't have worked out better. Congrats to all involved, esp the amazing Shriners.
Thank you for keeping us updated.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:46 pm

The young man's father is my pool person, also his older son is my gardener. There was also a raffle and food sale on Saturday which raised 38,000 pesos. The incident happened at 3am, the driver that hit him was in a truck and Alex was on a motorcycle of some sort. I know the family is of course defistated.

Yes, this is "community living" at its best.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:43 pm

This is wonderful! I am so happy for Alex and his family. Thank you Oatsie and all of the Shriners.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Wonderful to hear about the Shriners help for this young man. It would also be a kindness if someone would help him sign up with Seguro Popular before he turns 18... for his future medical needs.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnyvmx Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:56 pm

I know he is now with IMSS as he is employed here at The Penthouse, but I don't know if he can be signed up with both.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:03 pm

Sunnyvmx wrote:I know he is now with IMSS as he is employed here at The Penthouse, but I don't know if he can be signed up with both.  

He can only be signed up with one or the other.

If he is signed up with IMSS, did he initially go to an IMSS hospital where his medical expenses would be covered?
I'm puzzled, since the initial post on here said "but medical costs are mounting" which would indicate he had no medical insurance and a fundraiser was started to help him pay for his care. ???

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnyvmx Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:40 pm

IMSS doesn't cover all the costs. I believe the family must pay for some doctors and other expenses. Definitely not for the lost teeth or for the prosthetic leg. A blood drive was necessary and I'm told his soccer team all went to donate blood. We were too old. Our
manager (his uncle) is selling his new car to help with the expenses so it seems that IMSS doesn't pay for all that's needed.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Sunnyvmx wrote:IMSS doesn't cover all the costs.  I believe the family must pay for some doctors and other expenses.  Definitely not for the lost teeth or for the prosthetic leg.  A blood drive was necessary and I'm told his soccer team all went to donate blood.  We were too old.  Our
manager (his uncle)  is selling his new car to help with the expenses so it seems that IMSS doesn't pay for all that's needed.

Thanks for the clarification.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Seguro Poplar (and probably IMSS) are not what they are cracked up to be. I know two people who have SP and did not/are not getting anywhere near the treatment they require in a timely fashion. Both are under 50 years old and both are for different types of cancer. One person is Mexican and the other is a Gringa. Both have incurred fees in excess of 60,000 mxn. I hope AMLO can fix this so called "socialized medical system" they are supposed to have here in Mexico.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down