INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

changing to a 'salt' pool and building a new pool / what equipment is needed

4 posters

Go down

changing to a 'salt' pool and building a new pool / what equipment is needed Empty changing to a 'salt' pool and building a new pool / what equipment is needed

Post by Sherman Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:20 am

building a new pool ... equipment needed? just the pump and filter?

and for using a salt system, instead of adding the chemicals, does not change what equipment is needed?
Is something different needed in that pool room for adding salt or anything else?
Is there something different needed at the pool side?

Thanks ... as always!!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

changing to a 'salt' pool and building a new pool / what equipment is needed Empty Re: changing to a 'salt' pool and building a new pool / what equipment is needed

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:08 am

A salt pool requires an additional electrical device in which the salt (potassium chloride) is added to. Talk with an expert on this one.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

changing to a 'salt' pool and building a new pool / what equipment is needed Empty Re: changing to a 'salt' pool and building a new pool / what equipment is needed

Post by Sherman Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:48 am

and do we have any 'experts' lakeside?????

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:06 pm

I imagine a few of the local pool supply places must have someone knowledgeable.

You could probably learn a lot by asking Senor Google too.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:07 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I imagine a few of the local pool supply places must have someone knowledgeable.

You could probably learn a lot by asking Senor Google too.
, Si, senor Google. My guy!
I'll give that a try.

S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Carlos Taylor 3314104414 Very knowledgeable about all types of pool equipment including saltwater chlorinators. First rate individual with excellent workers.

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:31 pm

conejorapido wrote:Carlos Taylor 3314104414 Very knowledgeable about all types of pool equipment including saltwater chlorinators. First rate individual with excellent workers.
GOOD IDEA! One of his guys does our pool currently and I did not even think about Carlos!!!!

Thanks,
S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:58 am

Tecno Agua in west Ajijic converted my pool to salt water. You need a chlorine generator (that converts sodium chloride into chlorine) and a control panel for it. I'm not sure if Carlos Taylor is up to this.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:13 am

cypress wrote:Tecno Agua in west Ajijic converted my pool to salt water. You need a chlorine generator (that converts sodium chloride into chlorine) and a control panel for it. I'm not sure if Carlos Taylor is up to this.
Thanks.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Carlos Taylor is definitely up to it.

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Is Carlos just working on the maintenance of pools, or does he have some connections or expertise, knowledge in building? I need now the basic information for doing the electric and plumbing, but will need someone to build ... and before someone comments (or makes a wisecrack) ... I have contacted Carlos via email. He responded and said he would get back to me ... but has not yet done so. I will ask him the questions above ... but just inquiring now to see if anyone else knows. As always, thanks for the info.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:37 am

I know Carlos quite well from working on several pools. I think Vicky at Tecno Agua is more knowledgeable and reliable.

Last edited by cypress on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarity, spelling error)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down