INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chillin 2.0

3 posters

Go down

Chillin 2.0 Empty Chillin 2.0

Post by CHILLIN Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:09 am

I know many people are not interested in my personal health things, but many are interested in the Seguro Popular world, beyond local Jocotepec and local clinics. But first -back to me Very Happy , I will try to be as short as possible. E .coli gone, ten days of heavy duty and expensive antibiotics. Cost to me zero, because administered in hospital. Feel ten years younger. Sent out to state of the art CDI labs for a "contrast" CAT scan, cost 2,500 pesos. Will need a kidney endoscopy because of two small trapped stones. Apparently "donkey" therapy and lots of liquids are not to be trusted Dead Horse Beer .

The Hospital General Occidente has built a whole new hospital next door. I mean this is for real - concrete cured, windows in, air con stacks in. They are waiting for government funding now to complete the wards- but, election year, who knows. When complete, this will triple the capacity of the hospital(s) (currently about 300 beds and 54 specialties) Really great, talented and dedicated staff. I will find out more for opportunities for fundraising. I would never donate $$$ to I.M.S.S. or private hospitals. Of course, Mexico having a disproportionately large population of youngsters, they will probably need help in that direction. A children's burn unit for example. If anybody needs more specific information about how to get through this system, you can contact me via PM, or add to this forum topic if you don't mind public viewing.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Chillin 2.0 Empty Re: Chillin 2.0

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks for posting, Chillin! Glad you have won the battle.

Just to confirm, though, all this was under the care and direction of Seguro Popular and at minimal cost to you?

Hospital General Occidente is an SP hospital or affiliate???
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:50 am

Yes - good point. GHO is a public hospital (not for profit) which accepts Seguro Popular insurance. Unfortunately, sometimes the SP fine print can come back to bite you. For example, my elderly and dying neighbour was discharged, so he could spend his last days at his home, as per family wishes, but there was some problem with his insurance, I believe, but not enough Espanol to be sure, he was in for 24 days, and they wanted/demanded payment for adult diapers, not covered by SP.

Some things they charge a very reasonable price for. An EKG free, or by a cardiologist using large scale paper - $1,000 pesos. One that caught my attention (although I do not need, and will work hard to never need) is a cardio stent - cost 20,000 pesos, compared to 50,000 pesos for private, plus hospital fees, plus, plus, plus.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:11 pm

Glad you're OK Chillin'! Don't forget to take your prebiotic and probiotic supplements to get the normal flora back into your gut, please.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down