INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISO place to rent for senior day center

+3
CanuckBob
hickton
VincentBritton
7 posters

Go down

ISO place to rent for senior day center  Empty ISO place to rent for senior day center

Post by VincentBritton Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 am

Trying to start a much needed service/business where seniors can visit, get to know each other where they can have activities, classes, health nutrition, exercise etc.... to enjoy.

A place where caregivers can bring their loved one so they can take a break, do errands or whatever they need time to do....

So need:

Handicapped accessible or able to make it handicapped accessible.

Large open space but with some rooms for various activities and special accommodations.  

Several restrooms. Good lighting.

Fair amount or parking.

And a small kitchen if possible.

Thank you

VincentBritton

Back to top Go down

ISO place to rent for senior day center  Empty Re: ISO place to rent for senior day center

Post by hickton Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:04 am

Doesnt lcs provide most of these facilities?
No my cup of tea but nice gardens , cafe, activities, and all on one level for handicapped.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

ISO place to rent for senior day center  Empty Re: ISO place to rent for senior day center

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:31 am

Yes, pretty much however it would be nice to have something similar in Chapala for the seniors.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:43 am

Sounds like the Legion to me. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by VincentBritton Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 am

Yes, LCS has the activities but it's not a place where caregivers can drop of loved ones where they are looked after and monitored.....is it? (for the person that asked, No it's not the Legion either)

We were asked to do this by a number of people that want this service available..

You don't think there's a need for this?

We're thinking activities but more with nursing medical options but not assisted living, a day care for seniors.... Someone available if there's a problem, take blood pressure and such....    

Wish there was a good way to poll the community to see how much this service might be needed.

VincentBritton

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:29 am

Try the Facebook page for Chapala Town....excellent resources.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:40 am

LCS falls short for such a purpose for a number of reasons. The OP seems to be talking about senior day care, complete with caregivers. What we do have in this area are a number of Assisted Living places with very reasonable rates compared to NOB.
I can see where the situation the OP describes could work, but considering the cost of real estate in this area, it could get to be a very serious $$$ outlay to get up and running.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:25 am

I can see a need but I don't know how big a need. I believe at least one of the local nursing homes offers this service on a limited basis. Valerie Rhoda (SP?) has a caregivers support group. You might talk to her.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by VincentBritton Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:59 am

I'd sure like to know what nursing homes have the drop off daycare...Could put that word out and look for another endeavor...

I'd also love to talk to Valerie, I bet she'd have some good input and advice...

You have any information on these nursing homes or do I need to find out myself?

You have any contact info for Valerie?

Thank you Flamingo

VincentBritton

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:53 am

Hi Vincent. I think your idea is a noble one, but I also don't know how much of a need there is or if it's a good investment. Others have thought of this over the years but abandoned the idea due to the readily available private home care providers, the affordable assisted living facilities, and friends and family.

The question I can't answer is: Who exactly is your client/customer? The patient or their caregiver? If it's the pt, what level of disability are you thinking of caring for? Do you plan to have medical personnel on staff? Or is it for respite for the caregiver? Will your client be Spanish speaking or English speaking?

As far as I know, both Mi Casita and Ohana will take pts on a day basis if they have space available. Why not go to Ohana in SJC and talk to Alonzo and Mi Casita in SAT and talk to Mina then see what they think.

Most people I know who have been in this boat either have a spouse to care for them until they no longer can then they go into a facility like the two mentioned or they hire a caregiver to assist in the home. Single disabled people seem to go into the facilities a bit sooner when they need some assistance and friends go and pick them up to take them to lunch or other social events.

Go talk to some people in the business and maybe they will have some thoughts for you.  Suerte.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by VincentBritton Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:57 am

Thank you Trailrunner good advice....The information I've been trying to find out....As I've understood so far the assisted living places don't take them for a few hours while the caregiver does errors or whatever, this isn't true?  Do enough of these places offer this service? Is it a reasonable cost? Do they have room? Questions that need answers but so far seems like her idea is worth looking into. I'll check into the places you mentioned, hope to get more answers.

We were asked to do a place where all seniors are welcome with activities like a community center but also where caregivers can leave their loved ones so they can take a break or whatever. We haven't decided on the details, we'll be flexible and adjust as needed until we have it working best for our customers. My wife is a nurse, with such resources. Speaks both english and spanish. We would of course welcome any one in need, so I think we could handle caring for someone, a few hours or the day, that is looked after by family.

So looking into all aspects including availability of the right facility at the right cost and location.

VincentBritton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down