INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is procedure sof selling a car here (O have never sold one)

+3
RVGRINGO
CanuckBob
Clueless
7 posters

Go down

What is procedure sof selling a car here (O have never sold one) Empty What is procedure sof selling a car here (O have never sold one)

Post by Clueless Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:49 am

I have all the paperwork on the car including its original birth certificate from Texas. It's currently in my name and Jalisco plated for many years. I can't find anyplace to sign off to the new owner.

Can I give a bill of sale in Spanish and a copy of my Perm. Resident card?

Lost time I bought one, I just brought all the papers to motor vehicle and they did it. The seller had signed something (or maybe he diddn't).

Anyone been there and done that?

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What is procedure sof selling a car here (O have never sold one) Empty Re: What is procedure sof selling a car here (O have never sold one)

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:43 am

There is a statement and signature that must be written on the original bill of sale by the owner. If there were previous owners you should look at what was written on it for previous transfers.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What is procedure sof selling a car here (O have never sold one) Empty Re: What is procedure sof selling a car here (O have never sold one)

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Go, with the buyer, to the office of the Recaudadora and they will check it all for you, write the statement, and then ask for the signatures. Most of that is done in the office, not at the payment counter, which is the last step in the process. It is easy if you have all the historical paperwork and intervening registrations, ID, etc.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Speaking of historical paperwork as does RV, i was recently informed that in order to sell a car purchased and/or registered in Mexico one must possess every Tarjeta de Circulación  isuued to one since the car was purchased.  I have a car purchased in Guadalajara in 2001 and, while I am the sole historical owner of the car purchased from a highly reputable dealer in that city, I have no idea how to find these annual tarjetas for each year back to 2001. I probably always threw away most expired tarjetas over the past 16 years and only  retained the current tarjeta physically in my car´s glove compartment.  I do, of course, have all the annual window registration stickers but it never occurred to me to retain possession of all of those expired tarjetas  over the years.  Do any of you have experience with this bureaucratic procedure but were unable to present historical Tarjetas de Circulación at sale  and, if so, were you able to sell your car wihout those historical tarjetas while in possession of the current tarjeta?

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Bubba2shoes wrote:...were you able to sell your car wihout those historical tarjetas while in possession of the current tarjeta?

Yes. They were not needed in my case. Neither of two times.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 am

You got some bad information.

Same here as Rosa ....the last refrendo is all that is necessary to prove you are current with payments and check with recaudadora to make sure you don't have any outstanding traffic fines.
Now, in Mexico, sometimes people get told different things by who-knows-who, even in the bureaucratic offices, but stick with the norm that happens to most, and you should prevail.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:54 am

All of the historical tarjetas may not be required, but they do provide proof of the chain of ownership for the buyer, in case there are any questions or errors in the state records.
We kept a car folder, into which we put the original factura from the dealership, and all subsequent tarjetas and old stickers.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:04 am

I have purchased three vehicles and all I required to transfer title was the last refrendo and the original bill of sale with the written statement of "Cedo los derechos de la presente factura al John Doe, Chapala Jalisco Miercoles 19 de Agusto del 2017" and signed by the owner.

The written statement translate to "I give the rights of this invoice to John Doe, Chapala Jalisco, Wednesday 19 August 2017".

Of course you always want to take the seller with you to the office and ensure the paperwork is in good order and there are no outstanding fines. Never give the money until the vehicle has been transferred.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:15 am

and the most important until you have the factura in your hands.. I have a friend who got into an accident.. the people made him put his car in a corral and they insisted on holding the factura.. It was a scam (in Puerto Vallarta) and they now own the car as they have the factura...the transito was in on it and their lawyer happened to be walking by..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down