INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearing aid question

4 posters

Go down

Hearing aid question Empty Hearing aid question

Post by slainte39 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 pm

Anyone familiar with the Guadalajara Costco stores audiology departments......which store is the better or are they practically the same? Any opinion appreciated.
Thanks

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hearing aid question Empty Re: Hearing aid question

Post by gringal Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:08 am

slainte39 wrote:Anyone familiar with the Guadalajara Costco stores audiology departments......which store is the better or are they practically the same? Any opinion appreciated.
Thanks

Not in answer to your question ( Very Happy ) but as a hearing aid customer, I'd like to offer an opinion. My husband has been wearing aids for over 30 years (injury) and has had every type, including the deep-in-the-ear canal kind. (Those are hard to get used to.) The practical issue with hearing aids in general is that they need to get "tweaked" at first to get them just right for the user. This means going to the place they were purchased to have that done. If anything goes wrong with them, the store sends them out to get repaired and this can leave you aid-less for more than a week. After moving to Ajijic, he went to Polo Gonzalez at LCS to get new aids since it was time. Polo started out as a hearing aid repairer and moved on to be certified as an audiologist. He will do most repairs while you wait. He has all the equipment for testing, a good selection of products and is very easy to talk to. I'd recommend going there instead of Costco.
He comes to the office in the back area of LCS on Mondays. No need to be an LCS member. There's a sign up sheet outside for appts. He also comes in on two Saturdays of the month.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:51 am

Thank you gringal for that information from actual experience.  It seems "getting it right" with hearing aids is the big challenge. Several people I've talked to have all had problems getting there and no one just felt comfortable at first.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 am

slainte39 wrote:Thank you gringal for that information from actual experience.  It seems "getting it right" with hearing aids is the big challenge. Several people I've talked to have all had problems getting there and no one just felt comfortable at first.

My unfortunate husband is nearly deaf, so it's a big deal in his world to have good hearing aids. The most recent pair have a nice feature; a pocket sized remote that allows him to adjust them for different situations: like restaurants and talking on the phone. Shuts out background noise but allows close by communication to work better. Good luck in finding a good "fit."

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 am

All modern instruments are adjustable which is good. You and your audiologist must be patient ad you go through the trial and error process.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:17 pm

slainte39 wrote:Anyone familiar with the Guadalajara Costco stores audiology departments......which store is the better or are they practically the same? Any opinion appreciated.
Thanks

Within the last few months, my husband and I were fitted with hearing aids at the Costco on Lopez Mateos.   This particular Costco was recommended by a friend who has had excellent service.  We were very pleased with our experience there, both in the modern testing equipment and the service by the employees.   All three employees there speak English although I understand you are fluent in Spanish.

Recently, we happened to be at the Costco across from the Galerias Mall and had a question about my hearing aid. The employee there was brusque and wouldn't see us without an appointment even though there were no clients there. What I was asking would have taken about five minutes of her time.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am

Totally agree Irish Gal (love your board name Very Happy ), as that is where I finally decided to do the job.  They receive my highest recommendation in all facets of the examinations, equipment, and return visits/adjustments. Gustavo and Guadalupe, the two audiologists, I have dealt with, are extremely knowledgeable and professional, as well as caring and helpful.  Gustavo is completely fluent in Spanish, English, and German as he could be described German-Mexican with family that originally came from Germany.  Their computer testing equipment is the latest state of the art, as you would expect from Costco.  They handle six different brands of aids and I finally wound up with Rexton, a German company, as that was the best fit for my problem.
Thumbs up

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:52 pm

That was our experience too, slainte39! Professional and caring and great hearing aids!

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down