INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ambulance phone number

+7
lakeside7
Trailrunner
Lady Otter Latté
hickton
cypress
RVGRINGO
char-ming
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ambulance phone number Empty Ambulance phone number

Post by cypress Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Does anyone know the phone number to get the ambulance from the Seguro Popular (Comunitario) hospital in El Chante?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ambulance phone number Empty Re: Ambulance phone number

Post by Trailrunner Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:40 pm

Pretty sure they don't respond to calls but only use it for pt transportation. 

Dial 911 or 066 to summon nearest ambulance from Cruz Roja or the municipal clinic in Joco.

If you call the Chapala bomberos they might take you to the SP hospital.

Far as I know . . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm thought I read somewhere that the Seguro Hospital had their own ambulance. It would not make sense for them to use the other ambulances would it. I would want to be taken to the hospital not the Cruz Roja or the clinic. The hospital is much closer to me than Cruz Roja or the clinic in Jocotepec.
http://semanariolaguna.com/9885/

Last edited by cypress on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:08 pm

As I said, they do have their own ambulance. It is only used for transfers. The hospital is not a receiving facility for ambulances.

Please go talk directly to them and repost what they tell you. It has been awhile since I asked them.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:55 am

I will go and ask them and report back.
A guy by the name of Wes Fink wrote an article about the hospital in El Chante shortly after it opened but I can't find it.

Last edited by cypress on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:46 am

When you go, be sure and ask the hospital specifically if they will receive the bombero ambulance. The bomberos repeatedly assured me they would and that I could call them.

If Cruz Roja picks you up they have to take you to their clinic for stabilization. If you want to be transferred to the SP hospital they will do that just as if they were transferring you to a hospital in Guad.

A patient transfer is not the same as receiving an emergency ambulance patient. It takes a certain level of hospital and SP is not that level. I think it's a Level 2 or a Community Hospital designation that SP has. Looking forward to what you find out, ask good specific questions.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ambulance phone number Empty ambulance

Post by char-ming Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:29 pm

If you don't need to use Cruz Roja, is the Bombero ambulance the only other choice? What is their phone number please?

char-ming
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Just to confuse matters i remeber harry b. On the other board writing that joco hospital would recieve patients from any ambulance including cruz roja.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:37 pm

Yes. They will receive pts from ambulances but those are ambulances running 'interfacility transfers'. Those pts are stable and are coming from another hospital, care home, clinic etc. Not 911 emergency responding ambulances with a possible critical patient.

Lets see what cypress finds out when they go and ask the hospital. The catch is, you have to ask specific questions of people who know how the whole system works. If you just ask someone floating around in scrubs, who may see ambulances bringing pts in regularly, you may get the wrong answer. 

I think what we all want to know for sure is will they accept a patient with crushing chest pain via ambulance. It IS a bit of a moot question though, because the Joco ambulance will get you but will take you to their clinic first then when you are stable, and hopefully not dead, they will transfer you to any hospital of your choice. Same with Cruz Roja.

So the wild card is the bombero ambulance that has no clinic or hospital attached to it. Will SP accept crushing chest pain in the bombero ambulance. If the bombero ambulance will even really come for you for crushing chest pain at 4am in your house.

hahaha sucks huh?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:49 pm

What we really, really need here is an independent Advanced Life Support ambulance staffed with a paramedic driver and an emergency physician in the back and fully outfitted with equipment and drugs that is on duty 24/7 who will come to you and initiate Advanced Life Support and continue it all the way to a real ER in Guadalajara that has a cath lab and all the necessary advanced life saving capabilities.

I've had many conversations in all the years I have here regarding this, docs all agree, studies have been done, and the final answer is there is not the population nor call volume to support the amount of money it it would take to provide this level of care service 24/7.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Totally agree with all trailrunner.
I just dont understand why its so complicated. In europe we dual emergency number and take you to nearest hospital.
Its something we should all be clear on as heart attack or stroke can happen to us all at anytime.
Will go to bomberos now and post.
Also have a neighbour who works at joco hospital. Will ask them for info as well.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Good news and bad.
Bomberos ambulance is certainly available 24/7. Asked where would they take me in the event of a heart attack/stroke. He said cruz roja chapala.not joco.
Bad news. Its out of action and no idea when it will be repaired.
Tlf 7665252
Cruz roja 76523087

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:26 pm

It IS complicated, hickton, even in the US. EMS is fragmented, states differ from one another, and even counties within states differ from each other. It's a mess, it is not very profitable, and it costs a fortune to initiate and keep up and running.

Thanks for talking to the fire guys, good job. So, no matter what, you will end up at Cruz Roja with crushing chest pain.

My personal plan, should I wake up with chest pain at 4am is to call a friend or UBER/taxi and have them whisk me off to SP hospital in El Chante.

Cruz Roja phone numbers are: 765 2308 and 765 2553
Bomberos are: 766 5252 and 766 3615
Another option, by private transport, is the Chapala Municipal Clinic: 765 5421
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Continuing along the path of getting an independent ALS ambulance here staffed and equipped 24/7. . .

The plot sickens. Lets say someone with lots of money decides to invest in this:

1. A secure station/house/apt/room with kitchen must be secured for the crew to stay in between calls.

2. Where do you put it? Joco? Ajijic? Chapala?

3. How much would you charge? You'd have to cover salaries, expenses, maintenance, and make a profit or it wouldn't be sustainable.

4. What if the pt couldn't pay? Do you deny service? Do you make them pay when you pick them up?

5. What if the pt dies, who would pay then?

6. What about a subscription plan where potential pts pay in advance  in the event they may need the service? It's been tried but not enough people signed up to even get it off the ground.

7. What if someone in extremes showed up but isn't a member of the subscription plan, do you treat them? What if they couldn't afford to pay for it, do you not treat them?

I've adopted the attitude that if living here with no real EMS costs me my life a little before my time, well, that's the trade off for living in paradise for all these years.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by char-ming Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 pm

What about Ajijic clinic? Don't they have an ambulance service?

char-ming
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:05 pm

No.

There's an old ambulance parked out back but I doubt it's running and it doesn't run calls.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:20 pm

My  first heart attack, in Maine, was at an RV Park.  I managed to get the attention of someone & they put me in a Jeep and made it to the little local hospital in time. Stabilized, then shipped by ambulance to Portland for stents.
Next time, in Ajijic, wife drove me to Cruz Roja, who sent us to Clinica Maskaras in our own car. Stabilized overnight and went to Guadalajara in the morning to meet Dr. Ramon Garcia Garcia for stents.
Next time, Dr. Garcia took us to Guadalajara. Cath, but no stents.
Last time, we called Dr. Briseño to meet us at emergency room in Guadalajara.  More stents.
You must have your cardiologist on tap & know how to treat immediate symptoms in order to survive to call him.
Service and treatment are excellent, but you must manage it yourself. A local ambulance was never at hand for me, and I often wonder if it might have slowed down my interventions, with possible fatal results. I will never know.
Still ticking, but winding down.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:31 pm

char-ming wrote:What about Ajijic clinic?  Don't they have an ambulance service?
One of the owners, Dr. Rodriguez, told my that ambulance was an antique and it was not used.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Quite confusing. I will get to the Joco hospital as soon as I can to ask what they do. I need to take an educated Spanish speaking person with me to get the exact situation.
I'm asking as several weeks ago in the evening I had severe food poisoning from a local restaurant. I phoned my doctor at home she told me to call an ambulance and get to a hospital. I could not talk for long as I had to keep returning to the bathroom. My neighbor came to help and talked with my doctor for about 10 minutes but they could not come up with a definite ambulance to call or which clinic to be taken to so I said to heck with it I'll suffer here. Primitive but it is Mexico. Maybe just drive to the nearest clinic/hospital?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:10 pm

If we survive that long i wonder if one of the new hospitals will have an ambulance service?
Then have a further heart attack when the bill arrives.!

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Maybe it is better just not to call anyone but just lay down on the floor and die.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Its got to be an investment for a hospital.
Subscribe to emergency ambulance service say pay 2000 pesos per year. Max call out twice per year
Then they have you alive, charge you for bed doctors food treatment etc. Thats how they profit.
If you are dead your not a good profit margin. If you go to another hospital
They loose your custom. they need you alive and in their hospital.
Need a driver and maybe duty nurse to be on standby. Am sure at 4am they wont be doing much anyway..easy.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:52 pm

"I've adopted the attitude that if living here with no real EMS costs me my life a little before my time, well, that's the trade off for living in paradise for all these years."

I accepted when I moved here that my life would likely be shorter due to factors discussed in this thread. I decided I would rather live fewer but better years. To me, anytime lived past 70 is a bonus round. I have been here nine years and if I were to die tomorrow have no regrets.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 pm

I feel the same way, LOL.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:46 pm

The best thing is to have a plan. Be self sufficient and don't depend on agency. Get to the closest highest level of care immediately for stabalization and go from there. 

Having the new hospital will be good. The plan for cardiac is to stabilize and then transport to a Guad cath lab via their transfer ambulance, do procedure, then transfer pt back to hospital here for recovery.

Cardiologist Dr. Garcia Garcia will move here full time and work out of the new hospital. 

I think this will be an improvement in our emergency care. The hospital will have an ER.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next