INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza

+23
gringal
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
JayBear
shirley
kiko
coffeeguy
Rosa Venus
DaveP
beentheredonethat
brigitte
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
lunateak
borderreiver
David
suegarn
windrider17
Mrs. Rupert
Carry Bean
Wide Sky
ferret
Kiwifruit
27 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza Empty Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza

Post by Kiwifruit Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:36 am

For anyone who LOVES Indian food like I do (I spent time in India decades ago), a new place has just opened up in the food court of Centro Laguna plaza opposite Walmart. My husband and I ate there last night and the food was exquisite and certainly authentic with all the real-deal spices, etc. We hope you'll be as thrilled as we were!

Kiwifruit

Back to top Go down

Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza Empty Re: Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Love Indian food. I'll be checking it out!!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza Empty Re: Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Great, let us know. Also, hours, menu etc.
Thanks, can't wait to try it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:12 pm

I was ready to try it today but they weren't ready at noon to do business. Think they got seriously depleted yesterday. Either go for a later lunch or dinner like the OP.
Chrissie (where I got my hair cut today) says she really liked it and was going again today.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide Sky Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:12 pm

I know blasphemy but found this posted on TOB; Not much help but planning on going and will try to get more info.
Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza 5978ef10

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:37 pm

I saw on Facebook that it's owned by the people who have the restaurant Goa in Guadalajara.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide Sky Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Guys we spoke to are from New Delhi (you know the place in India); They told me that the dishes will change from day to day; open from 12:30 to 10pm but didn't catch the days of the week. Mango Lassi is great. Today they had your choice of vegetable korma, black lentils, chickpeas, chicken curry, chicken in peanut butter/coconut sauce, butter chicken, chicken in sauce with potatoes & peas, veg rolls and naan. It might be our new favorite lunch spot. Apologies that I didn't get all the proper names for the dishes.
They hope to have a la carte available in the next 10-14 days.

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Do they have an indoor seating area or is it the public area shared by all?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:44 pm

It's another slot in the Food Court. Same outdoor seating under umbrellas, but it has comfortable plastic chairs these days.

Four of us had lunch there today. The food is delicious, with generous portions and reasonable prices.

I only wish they had an indoor venue.
Maybe someday, since it was obvious they were making a hit by the number of people lined up at 12:30.

It would be good "take out" food.
We'll be back.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Everybody tastes food differently. We ate there last night and will not be returning.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Would you please tell us that it was that you didn't like?
Just curious.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Ate there tonight and enjoyed it.  Will be returning.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Mrs. Rupert wrote:Everybody tastes food differently.  We ate there last night and will not be returning.

Your comment is not very helpful to others. Can you tell the rest of us what you didn't like?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Doesn't matter. She's right, everyone's palate is different. Just because they didn't care for the food doesn't mean those that liked it are wrong.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:00 am

Be still my beating heart. Good Indian food. Can hardly wait.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:32 pm

We went there for lunch today. Now coming from a suburb just outside of Vancouver that boasts one of the largest Indian communities outside of India we are no strangers to Indian food, both at restaurants and home cooked.

The food was good. It certainly wasn't the best I have ever had or even in the top 5 but for around here it was good. The owners are from New Delhi (via Guadalajara). Very nice people. We will be back.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:38 pm

CanuckBob wrote:We went there for lunch today. Now coming from a suburb just outside of Vancouver that boasts one of the largest Indian communities outside of India we are no strangers to Indian food, both at restaurants and home cooked.

The food was good. It certainly wasn't the best I have ever had or even in the top 5 but for around here it was good. The owners are from New Delhi (via Guadalajara). Very nice people. We will be back.

We, too, were spoiled rotten in the Silicon Valley area by the many good Indian restaurants and yes, this wasn't up there with the finest, but after living here for some years, expectations become more modest. The new place in the mall meets them well enough. Nice addition to our area.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:41 pm

BTW......if you are ever in Vancouver the best Indian food by far is at Tasty Indian Bistro in North Delta (or North Dehli as we used to call it).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Stopped at the new curry place today and it was great! Tasted so good to me - new vibrant flavors and spices. Can't wait to go back.

Forgot to ask the guy, what is butter chicken???
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:33 am

It is chicken chunks in a sweet red curry.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:41 am

Where does the 'butter' part come in?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:20 am

"Butter chicken is the General Tso’s of Indian food, a great, ever-evolving, cross-continental dish found in Delhi, London, New York, Perth and most points in between. In its purest form, it is yogurt-and-spice-marinated chicken dressed in a velvety red bath comprising butter, onions, ginger and tomatoes scented with garam masala, cumin and turmeric, with a cinnamon tang."
NYT Cooking
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:35 am

Mmm, sounds good.
Gracias, Lunateak!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:02 am

When I make butter chicken it has copious amounts of butter & cream (instead of yogurt). It also contains onions, tomatoes paste and a curry spice pack that I have brought down from Vancouver (one of the prerequisites for friends wanting to stay with us...haha).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:29 am

". . .copious amounts of butter and cream. . ." Shall we make an appt for a cardiac workup/checkup now, or wait until you have an event? 3pm next Friday, ok? Do you smoke too?

Thumbs up
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next