INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone crossed lately the Laredo border back into Mexico?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone crossed lately the Laredo border back into Mexico? Empty Anyone crossed lately the Laredo border back into Mexico?

Post by Sherman Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Has anyone come back into Mexico via Laredo recently?
I'm asking, because I was recently told that coming back into Mexico, customs agents had been 'linked' monitarily with robbers operating in Nuevo Laredo. People who are bringing things back into MX are identified and then the customs agent phones robbers in NL for a 'hit.' Apparently this is happening during the day.

Along with this are protests/marchers on the NL side protesting against the gas hikes in MX and other issues connected to changing US policies.

I typically use Laredo going north and coming back. I don't want to get involved in something by chance and am trying to avoid that. If what I'm told is true, then I'm thinking maybe it would be better to re-enter MX via McAllen/Reynoso.

Thoughts, comments?

Thanks ..... Smokealot

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Anyone crossed lately the Laredo border back into Mexico? Empty Re: Anyone crossed lately the Laredo border back into Mexico?

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Pick another crossing. Any one other than what you just described.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone crossed lately the Laredo border back into Mexico? Empty Re: Anyone crossed lately the Laredo border back into Mexico?

Post by Ezzie Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:04 pm

I have stopped using the Laredo and Pharr crossings.  This past week I used the Anzalduas crossing (west side of McAllen) since there is little opportunity for robbers in the short stretch of highway to get to the Reynosa-Monterrey Hwy. (40).  From there you can go east into Reynosa, south on the Perferico to pick up Hwy. 97/101 south to Cd. Victoria or west to Monterrey/Saltillo and Hwys. 54 & 57. It is also a very lightly used crossing from what I have experienced, no truck traffic and mainly cross-border commuters.  It also appears to be fairly new.

Last edited by Ezzie on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Thanks Ezzie, exactly what I needed.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:15 pm

The aduana robbery stuff was for people that were declaring and the aduana people supposedly tipped off the bad guys to rob them a few blocks into Mexico, if you have nothing to declare then nobody will be singling you out.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:14 am

Thanks Spencer!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoVaDamer Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:38 am

Crossed at Laredo (Intl Bridge) on January 31st. Had a big SUV jammed full of personal items, but nothing to declare. Crossed at 10:30 am with no issues/problems.
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down