INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer of ownership of property to another person also on title.

4 posters

Go down

Transfer of ownership of property to another person also on title. Empty Transfer of ownership of property to another person also on title.

Post by Clueless Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:50 am

Myself and another person own a house in Chapala. We are both on title.

We have lived in the house for more than five years.

We both areboth permanent resident card holders.

There is no money involved, just a transfer.

How is this done and more importantly, how much might it cost to do right?

Is this something that can only be done by a Notorio rather than an attorney?

Anyone with direct experience with this?

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Transfer of ownership of property to another person also on title. Empty Re: Transfer of ownership of property to another person also on title.

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:39 am

You should consult with a notario, preferably the one who prepared your deed, etc.  I am sure that he will charge a fee to make the new deed and have it properly registered with Catastro.

Last edited by RVGRINGO on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Transfer of ownership of property to another person also on title. Empty Re: Transfer of ownership of property to another person also on title.

Post by Clueless Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:56 am

My big concern is getting hit with some large tax/transfer/etc. bill from the government.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:05 am

I think you could make the “price“ the same as when you bought the property together. That way, there would be no profit/no loss. Since the notarios don‘t actually handle any funds on transfers, you don‘t really have to have an actual money transfer....just the deed. Your notario can confirm this. Please ask him.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by thomashellyer Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:21 pm

There will be a transfer fee, 2% of the assessed donor's 50%.. And since (assuming) you aren't married or direct descendants or ascendants, there will be a possibility of I.S.R. tax (similar to capital gains) if applicable. The notario will also charge an amount based on the assessed value of the transaction. You MUST contact a reputable attorney / notario. Spencer would be a great option...

thomashellyer

Humor : punny

http://www.chapalahomesales.com

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:56 pm

You would still need a Notario Publico.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:01 pm

I went to #5 last week and Norma took a copy of the deed and my last tax bill and said she would get back to me; still waiting.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:18 am

#5 did it, actually Norma who pretty well runs the show, and it wasn't too bad at all considering the exchange rate.

I also redid my Will and it's interesting coming from the U.S. where there is the right of survivor-ship.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Got all the papers; not too bad a price.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down