INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to Focaccia the Italian restaurant ? Closed, why?

+4
DaveP
CanuckBob
oncesubtle
Bob Pettus
8 posters

Go down

What happened to Focaccia the Italian restaurant ?  Closed, why? Empty What happened to Focaccia the Italian restaurant ? Closed, why?

Post by Bob Pettus Sun May 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Stopped out at Focaccia's the other evening and it was closed with a car parked inside the building. Anyone know if it's closed for good or what?

Bob Pettus

Humor : Dry

Back to top Go down

What happened to Focaccia the Italian restaurant ?  Closed, why? Empty Re: What happened to Focaccia the Italian restaurant ? Closed, why?

Post by oncesubtle Sun May 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Oh no, please someone, say it ain't closed. What happened to Focaccia the Italian restaurant ?  Closed, why? 851398
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

What happened to Focaccia the Italian restaurant ?  Closed, why? Empty Re: What happened to Focaccia the Italian restaurant ? Closed, why?

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Perhaps it is the owners garage in the off season.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Mon May 30, 2011 7:13 am

Bob Pettus wrote:Stopped out at Focaccia's the other evening and it was closed with a car parked inside the building. Anyone know if it's closed for good or what?

They were closed for vacation, Opened again on the 28th. We were there last evening, business as normal
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon May 30, 2011 8:23 am

Thank youuuuuu DaveP. cheers I think we will to go there tonight.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon May 30, 2011 8:40 am

Where is Focaccia? Somehow I missed that one.

PS A lot of my favorite restaurants are closed for a month at this time of year.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon May 30, 2011 9:35 am

Focaccia is past Vista del Lago on the road to Mezcala.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Mon May 30, 2011 9:50 am

David wrote:Focaccia is past Vista del Lago on the road to Mezcala.

Actually it is on the east end of San Juan Tecomatlan which is past Vista del Lago on the road to Mezcala.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon May 30, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks, I don't get out that way very often. Is it worth a special trip? If someone hears they have re-opened please post so I don't make the trip and they are not open.

Thanks
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon May 30, 2011 11:11 am

We thought it fine but not worth the long trip. La Taverna is much more convenient.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Mon May 30, 2011 11:16 am

David wrote:We thought it fine but not worth the long trip. La Taverna is much more convenient.

For us Focaccia is much much closer to San Nicolas
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon May 30, 2011 11:37 am

Claro, and if I was closer I'd dine them more often too!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon May 30, 2011 12:41 pm

Yo tambien - La Taverna is very close so much more convenient.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Mon May 30, 2011 4:16 pm

simpsca wrote:Thanks, I don't get out that way very often. Is it worth a special trip? If someone hears they have re-opened please post so I don't make the trip and they are not open.

Thanks

See my post above, only closed for vacation.
We just had lunch there TODAY with friends from Ajijic. They re-opened on Saturday

I drive to San Juan Cosala for meat and Viva Mexico so try it our way for a change. You might like it.

BTW David, I could say that the drive to Las Miches is not worth the meal but I go for the Country Music on Sundays.

Great as usual.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon May 30, 2011 4:46 pm

DaveP wrote:
simpsca wrote:Thanks, I don't get out that way very often. Is it worth a special trip? If someone hears they have re-opened please post so I don't make the trip and they are not open.

Thanks

See my post above, only closed for vacation.
We just had lunch there TODAY with friends from Ajijic. They re-opened on Saturday

I drive to San Juan Cosala for meat and Viva Mexico so try it our way for a change. You might like it.

BTW David, I could say that the drive to Las Miches is not worth the meal but I go for the Country Music on Sundays.

Great as usual.

I need better directions on where Focaccia is located. I know where the Chapala Country Club is located and the gas plant where you can get your propane tanks filled. Where is the restaurant in relation to one of those?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon May 30, 2011 5:03 pm

It's less than a mile past CCC on the right.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon May 30, 2011 5:38 pm

David wrote:It's less than a mile past CCC on the right.
Thanks I'll find it!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon May 30, 2011 5:53 pm

Ah, yes, Mexico. Close for vacation but do not bother to tell anyone why you are closed indefinitely and plan or do not plan to reopen. Just close and take off for a month . Why not?

My wife deals with a a lot of artisanal business people in Chiapas and other places here and there in Mexico and this sort of event would not surprise her at all. This very successful artisan in San Cristóbal de Las Casas she knows who presented her with this highly professionally produced business card with, as would be expected, an e-mail address on it and when she tried to e-mail the guy there was no such e-mail address. When she inquired of him as to the reason the e-mail address on his business card did not exist, he responded, "Well, I was told by an associate that it was important to have an e-mail address to succeed in business so I made one up."
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Simpsca I have some pics and a quick review of it under the restaurant section.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

hound dog wrote:Ah, yes, Mexico. Close for vacation but do not bother to tell anyone why you are closed indefinitely and plan or do not plan to reopen. Just close and take off for a month . Why not?

My wife deals with a a lot of artisanal business people in Chiapas and other places here and there in Mexico and this sort of event would not surprise her at all. This very successful artisan in San Cristóbal de Las Casas she knows who presented her with this highly professionally produced business card with, as would be expected, an e-mail address on it and when she tried to e-mail the guy there was no such e-mail address. When she inquired of him as to the reason the e-mail address on his business card did not exist, he responded, "Well, I was told by an associate that it was important to have an e-mail address to succeed in business so I made one up."

They did have a notice posted for several weeks before the vacation and they made sure that their regulars read it. It was not a "so we are closed" Mexico thing
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon May 30, 2011 10:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Simpsca I have some pics and a quick review of it under the restaurant section.

Oh yes, now I remember looking at the photos. WOW funky. What do you recommend to eat - anyone give me your ideas.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 30, 2011 10:44 pm

All their food looked great. Just don't have the magarita.............LOL.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue May 31, 2011 8:48 am

simpsca wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Simpsca I have some pics and a quick review of it under the restaurant section.

Oh yes, now I remember looking at the photos. WOW funky. What do you recommend to eat - anyone give me your ideas.

Everything on the menu is good including Pizza. Bring your appetite as the portions are huge. We wished that he was closer, but with the new road, it's about 15 min from Chapala. A great restaurant. I believe closed on Tuesday.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue May 31, 2011 8:55 am

Thanks for the day closed info. It would be just my luck to go on their closed day. Since all the restaurants here close on a different day you rally have to know when not to go.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down