INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solovino?...Salitre?

+9
engineer.mike
Bob Bender
CanuckBob
simpsca
johninajijic
Solovino
sparks
kiva
ferret
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solovino?...Salitre? - Page 2 Empty Re: Solovino?...Salitre?

Post by Bob Bender Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:44 pm

sparks wrote:While we are at it .... my guys did Marmolina #2 inside because they thought gringos liked 'rustico' ..... me not knowing the difference.   I ended up sanding all inside walls as high as I could reach to knock off the grit.  #2 is like sand paper if you rub against it just working around the house or in your sleep.   It goes away after many coats of paint but this is  new house

I'm sure that looks lovely.

Bob Bender
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Solovino?...Salitre? - Page 2 Empty SALITRE-HUMEDAD -Damp Walls Solution

Post by engineer.mike Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Whats SALITRE ?
Most of the Mexican houses are plagued with problems of Salitre / Humedad or whats commonly known in the UK as Rising Damp
This is because the houses are constructed without an adequate DPC (damp proof course) which consists simply of a layer of 4"
tape layed in the brick work course at floor level to prevent humidity by capillary action rising up through the inside walls of your house
Basically the walls are sucking water up from the sub-soil into your beautiful home !
The Mexicans dont have a solution for Salitre ,you can find several products in Home Depot-impermeablizantes paints,selladors,special cements by Sika,fester and Comex but sealing in the dampness doesnt work !...the salts always destroy the cement surface along with the sealant
Dont trust the local Albaniles because theyre all idiots and will lie through their teeth with a non existent guarantee to fix your Salitre
The only recognised way to remedy Rising Damp is to inject a new DPC by drilling into the wall every 4" and injecting a special breathable silicon suchas Dryzone .Drilling a DPC is more work than painting the wall with a ridiculous Mex sealant but youll be FREE from the dreaded Salitre FOREVER ! The Installation can be DIY or by a labourer and the cost of Dryzone is as cheap as what youd spend on the defective sealants ! Contact Mike in Guadalajara email- dryzonemexico@aol.com

engineer.mike

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:54 pm

engineer.mike wrote:
Dont trust the local Albaniles because theyre all idiots and will lie through their teeth with a non existent guarantee to fix your Salitre
Sounds to me like you're the idiot.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:35 pm

viajero wrote:
engineer.mike wrote:
exactly!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:34 am

Actually some people know what they are doing believe it or not. In Chiapas where humidity is way worth than here the maestro opened the base of the wall and put in some procuct to prevent the humidity from raising and it worked. I may be that people here do not do it but it is done in Mexico by Mexican workers .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:11 am

Just remember you want everything to dry out before applying stuff, otherwise the dampness is sealed in and continues to molder. This is particularly true of roof bricks. I have a terrible problem with salitre, but will have to wait until March or April to ensure everything has dried out, before completing the repair job.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:59 pm

unfortunately in CHiapas we have just about no dry season so we can wait until we have less rain but it never really dries long enough for everything to be dry. We did in in April..5 years ago and that took care of the problem.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by engineer.mike Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:27 pm

viajero wrote:
engineer.mike wrote:
Ok...I apologise theyre not all idiots but many of your members have alot of stress when they spend time and money on inconvenient remedial work only for the Salitre to reappear the following rainy season !
Ps...I really dont know what you can achieve by applying Marmalina or Marble dust to the wall ?

engineer.mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:19 pm

i am one that has no stress except when a gringo says he knows better when he don't-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2