INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Sauce

+11
lunateak
azze
gvprod
Bajabrady
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
TioBob
viajero
Rosa Venus
slainte39
gringomojado
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hot Sauce - Page 2 Empty Re: Hot Sauce

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:08 pm

I know people that work at bars and restaurant's for nothing but tips. Some days they make nada. That sauce company is typical of just about every factory job in Mexico including the auto manufacturers. That is the only thing that keeps Mexico competitive. It certainly isn't the "business or government ethics"......jaja.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:33 pm

Azze, if you wish to make comments or voice opinions and not have anyone question or otherwise engage you, then you should start a blog and not use public web forums which are by nature an exchange among posters.
I am not in the habit of noting a poster's profile before responding to a post so I had no idea you were a newbie, nor do I care. Your animus toward one company among all companies operating along the same lines was interesting. I wondered why you chose this one. I did not realize I was not allowed to ask you questions but should just read your opinions and.... Well, I don't know.
It seems to me that overly sensitive newbies who begin to respond testily to questions and comments right out of the gate usually are not newbies at all but former members with axes to grind. Most actual newcomers are not so prickly. In either case they usually don't last all that long.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:37 pm

azze wrote:

watching my friends and neighbors struggle to survive (while paying a staggering sum of $800p Mo. rent) 
Hmm,"staggering sum of 800 pesos"?
I live in a working class neighbirhood and you'd be very lucky indeed to find an apartment or house to rent for twice that amount.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:27 pm

azze wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Azze, how did you choose this company to boycott for what it pays its workers?

First,
I see no reason to justify my decisions to you or anyone. I would never question yours! It like many other posts was a statement, opinion or information. I'm sure there are many other Co. that pay similar wages. My "Beef" is watching my friends and neighbors struggle to survive (while paying a staggering sum of $800p Mo. rent) with continuous rising prices and stagnant wages. I'm sure my " boycott" won't affect their bottom line! There have been many positive changes here over the years but rising wages is not one. To the best of my knowledge the owner is a person not a corp. Because I' sure you'll ask, A friend claims to be a friend of the owner. I have no reason to doubt him, he's a Dentist. He's the reason my friend got a job there. It seems the "newbies" posts are always questioned. Not all "Newbies" have just arrived!  
Wishing you another wonderful day in "paradise", for us!

This pitiful wage/salary issue is the biggest accelerator of the division between the haves and havenots in Mexico and doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.  It's bad world wide, even in the US, but worse here.  I'm not a communist, but if there is going to be a better life for the poorest of the working class, then there has to be a better system for the equalization of wealth between capital and labor, then what there is now.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:22 pm

Maybe we need a new thread for this issue. The OP just wanted to talk about hot sauce. Equalization of wealth is a heavy burden to hang on a hot sauce maker.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:56 pm

You're right!  Having ningun problema con salsas picantes, I got caught up in a divergent wind blowing through.   LOL

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:54 am

azze wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Azze, how did you choose this company to boycott for what it pays its workers?
To the best of my knowledge the owner is a person not a corp. Because I' sure you'll ask, A friend claims to be a friend of the owner.

"The trademarks Cholula, the Cholula bottle design and the Cholula label design are owned by and used under license from the trademark owner, Salsas de Jalisco Cacu, S.A. de C.V." http://www.cholula.com/about.html

It don't look like no private company to me.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:48 am

"Cholula is licensed by Jose Cuervo, but was started by the Harrison family, originally of Chapala, Jalisco, who now reside in Dallas, Texas. The image on the bottle is a portrait of Harrison family matriarch, Camila Harrison. She is survived by son, Roberto Harrison, and granddaughter, Callanita Harrison."   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholula_Hot_Sauce

No dentists mentioned.

I might mention that Cholula is my favorite store-bought salsa. Its flavor difference vs. the majority of the others is the inclusion of chilies pequines in the blend of peppers.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:18 pm

I might be wrong ( Lord knows, it has happened before )  I believe Cholula is the same sauce marketed as " Chapala " Brand Hotsauce.....  if thatz the case,  you can buy it in Bulk in Chapala... located on Zaragoza behind the Bus Terminal... about 20 pesos a quart..

Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bajabrady Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:40 pm

I just like the hot sauce at the taco stand. Asked the guy if he makes his own and he doesn't. To my surprise his underpaid wife makes it. But I'm finding most of the homemade salsa from taco stand to taco stand is similar. I asked if I could take some home. He was polite and said yes. Of course I paid for it. So I think I'll just frequent the taco stand and buy from there. It really is the best I've had. But the problem I have is that I don't like his tacos. I like the tacos from a different taco stand but his salsa sucks. I don't want to create a taco stand war! Oh the tangled webs we weave :(

Bajabrady
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Keep it Clean :)

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:41 pm

I love Jalisco's "salsa picante". It's the red Tapatio style. Awesome stuff with slight variatons. Like most of the stuff that comes out of "SANE"'s production line. Love "Huichol" brand sauce but Tepic and cascobel (sic) peppers. Salivating.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2