INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble at the airport

+16
shana
gvprod
Ms.Thang
Zedinmexico
Trailrunner
Canada_Mike
slainte39
brigitte
Intercasa
Canmex 87
Rosa Venus
joyfull
Lady Otter Latté
hickton
Luisa
CanuckBob
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Trouble at the airport - Page 3 Empty Re: Trouble at the airport

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Me either and they totally missed it, whatever it was! Whoever thought that remodel up is not in touch with reality. I pretty much feel the same way about that island in front of municipal hall. wtf I've seen a total of 3 people EVER sitting in that 'medial strip' lounge, while I continue to drive around and around looking for a place to park. wtf

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:21 pm

This is an email I received from the GDL managers. Thought others might be interested. (Also makes me realise how my Spanish must sound to Mexicans. Very Happy )

Dear, Mr. Gilbert,

This situation, that unfortunately affects many people, It has arisen as a result of the expropriation of the land where the airport is located, 40 years ago. The communal lands holder (protestants) are claiming the payment of the land to the federal Authority holder of public transport; it is important to mention that this happened before Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico got its concession in 1998.

To solve this problem, it is necessary to count with the ones involved in the determination of the rights of ownership and use of Federal property assigned to Public Service; Guadalajara’s International Airport has no legal capacity to resolve it, despite its willingness to contribute in order to facilitate a solution.

In the meantime, since the entrance to the parking lot of Terminal 1 is blocked, we are enabling some areas within our facilities so people can park without any penalty as long as they are not obstructing the road traffic (in regular times this is not allowed). It is important to take precautions by arriving to the airport with more anticipation.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, we hope it will be solved as soon as possible.

Regards,

(P. A.) Lic. Estefanía Montaño Galván
Analista de Servicio al Cliente
Tel. +52 (33) 3688-5248 | Ext. 30100
Cel. +52 (33) 1568 5019
Pag. Web. www.aeropuertosgap.com.mx
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:42 pm

In other words they have no idea when this will be over but since it has been going on for a while it probably will die down and flare up again...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:25 pm

Somebody at my office told me it's "not as bad" as everyone says. He took someone to the airport on Saturday. (I saw him in my rear-view mirror as I was driving to Guadalajara for a music festival!)

I also may be taking someone to their flight Wednesday afternoon.

So the airport has some crap going on within it. Finding parking is a pain, but flights are coming in, and flights are going out. People are going out, people are coming in. Big deal.

POOF!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:15 am

It all depends on the time of day Rosa. When there are a lot of flights arriving around the same time it is a mess as people start dumping their cars everywhere. I would allow an extra 30 - 45 minutes to find parking just in case.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 am

Yep. Thanks.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:43 am

I have people coming in on Sunday, and I'll just wait with my phone until they say they're here. My issue is my mum who needs assistance, and for that I'm bringing someone with me.

And you're right. Rosa, at least they're not blocking the whole place.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Anybody go into the airport today, Tuesday? I drove past it around 12:30 and 4pm and it didn't look bad from the carretera, but that doesn't tell me much. Probably dropping someone off tomorrow who needs to be at terminal 5:15pm. Thanks!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:09 pm

Check out TOB someone is saying that the airport is closed.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:46 am

Canada Mike, I brought my 94 year old mom with me when I moved here too, she lived 3 more years and loved it.

It was a challenge at times, I must admit, PM me if you need moral support.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:15 am

It would be nice if someone going to the airport could post if it is open this morning .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:39 am

This was posted today on TOB:
"At 7:30am this morning I dropped off 2 people at the airport for a 9am flight. Traffic was really slow, hardly moving, on the lanes just before the parking areas, so I dropped them off at the OXXO and they walked to the terminal. I haven't heard back from them so I'm assuming they made it to their flight in time."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:17 am

Just back from dropping my mum off. Not really hard to park, traffic a bit slow, but not terribly so. Didn't even need more time. I guess it's the luck of the draw and how busy the place is.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:23 am

Canada_Mike wrote:Just  back from dropping my mum off. Not really hard to park, traffic a bit slow, but not terribly so. Didn't even need more time. I guess it's the luck of the draw and how busy the place is.
that was a short visit. Hope she enjoyed it...she picked a good day to leave with such nasty weather. flag waver
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks for the "progress report". Heading to the airport in about an hour. Will let you know what it was like when I get back.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:43 pm

(Thought I'd posted this.)
Mum had a grand time, but it had to be short this year. Here she is last night at Just Chillin' rocking it on at 94.

Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:23 pm

Canada_Mike wrote:(Thought I'd posted this.)
Mum had a grand time, but it had to be short this year. Here she is last night at Just Chillin' rocking it on at 94.

Thanks for the big smile this video brought me. Your Mom looks great for 94. You are very fortunate she is still with you. Thumbs up
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Canada_Mike wrote:(Thought I'd posted this.)

Really enjoyed that one! You have good genes, man. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Left central Ajijic and dropped off client directly in front of International Departures terminal 32 minutes later via Rental Car Road. Very Happy

I did not need to park as this was a drop-off of someone who travels internationally on business all the time, so an offer to park and walk her in would have been laughed at. The parking lot was clearly still closed so people were parking wherever they could, but the traffic on the main entry road to the terminal was moving slowly, though sort of steadily in fits and starts. (We were passing them easily, felt like how it does when you take the lateral through La Floresta if the carretera is seriously clogged.) We entered the airport at 4:45pm on a Wednesday, so likely not a terribly busy time, but it wasn't empty either. Getting out of the terminal area was slowed to one lane because people had parked on both sides of the road leading out to the glorieta area, but also no big deal.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:50 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:Left central Ajijic and dropped off client directly in front of International Departures terminal 32 minutes later via Rental Car Road. Very Happy

I did not need to park as this was a drop-off of someone who travels internationally on business all the time, so an offer to park and walk her in would have been laughed at. The parking lot was clearly still closed so people were parking wherever they could, but the traffic on the main entry road to the terminal was moving slowly, though sort of steadily in fits and starts. (We were passing them easily, felt like how it does when you take the lateral through La Floresta if the carretera is seriously clogged.) We entered the airport at 4:45pm on a Wednesday, so likely not a terribly busy time, but it wasn't empty either. Getting out of the terminal area was slowed to one lane because people had parked on both sides of the road leading out to the glorieta area, but also no big deal.
Thanks for the update Rosa. I'm sure those traveling, taking or picking up appreciate it. Hopefully others going out to GDL will keep us all informed. I would think the worse time would be their busiest which is around 430am-7am ish.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3