INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala.

+2
gringal
Clueless
6 posters

Go down

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. Empty Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala.

Post by Clueless Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 am

This is only on the weekends; the price for all-u-can-eat is $60.00, which is well under US$4.00. It's basic, and IMO, the food is very good. During the week, they have a take-away on a corner on the opposite side of the street.

I can't give the exact location, but it's on the main drag in Chapala, about half way to Soriana from the Church.

I think it's worth a try if you like sort of Chinese.

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. 2rcwyyw

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. 286sad0

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. Oazvxt

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. 1jqkpx

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. 2wqacg2

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. 351zx1h

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. Kdakgh
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. Empty Re: Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala.

Post by gringal Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:20 am

Sorry to say, it looks like the same stuff they serve up at Soriana. The question is: is it laced heavily with MSG like all the other Chinese buffets in the area?
Is it better than any of them?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala. Empty Re: Recommendation for a (new?) Chinese buffet in Chapala.

Post by helohfe Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:27 pm

There is "no better" it is only a MSG fix and a short fix for the Chinese food urge. Thats all folks..

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:41 pm

helohfe wrote:There is "no better" it is only a MSG fix and a short fix for the Chinese food urge. Thats all folks..

Alternatively, try Chopsticks in the mall next to El Torito in Ajijic. Good Asian food with no bad after effects. Way in the back by the parking lot.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:24 am

Good Q about the MSG; I didn't think of it.

If I asked, do you think they would know what I'm talking about?

I'll check Chopsticks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:39 am

Clueless wrote:Good Q about the MSG; I didn't think of it.

If I asked, do you think they would know what I'm talking about?

I'll check Chopsticks.

They should know, if they use it. (white sprinkle that's not salt)

Especially good at Chopsticks: Pot Stickers (3 kinds) and Spring Rolls (with or without shrimp). Good Soups, too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:36 pm

I checked out MSG at the Mayo Clinic site, which is very highly respected, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong w/MSG other than some people might be reactive to it, but some people react to peanuts.

Mayo Clinic on MSG in food
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Clueless wrote:I checked out MSG at the Mayo Clinic site, which is very highly respected, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong w/MSG other than some people might be reactive to it, but some people react to peanuts.

Mayo Clinic on MSG in food

I've read that too. However, peanuts can kill those who are allergic to them. MSG can cause severe stomach pain, bloating and general misery for those whose bodies can't deal with the stuff. The real question remains: Why substitute a chemical for honest flavoring? Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:54 pm

Wrought havoc with the rhythm of my heart!!!

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunyan Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Well, anyhow, for those of us that don't entertain various issues with our digestive systems, I checked out the place in Chapala and, indeed, they do have a pretty good deal for somebody needing a Chinese food fix. On the corner 2 blocks east of the plaza on the east side of the street. Haven't tried their weekend place, but I'd expect it to be quite the same. Sure beats the place north of the main intersection that started out pretty good & declined from there.

Bunyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreana Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:35 am

If you want to check Chopsticks, they are on holiday until 16th August. I was there once and it is a real clean place with nice food. I wanted to go again, but as I wrote before, they are on holiday.

Andreana

Humor : dry

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:46 am

Bunyan seems to be directionally challenged with respect to North / South..Check your directions.. The new place is North of the Mercado while the other China rest. is South of the main intersection..Both are on the East side of Madero..

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunyan Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:59 am

Sorry, NORTH of the plaza on the east side of Madero. It was late.

Bunyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down