INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cozumel

+2
johninajijic
CanuckBob
6 posters

Go down

Cozumel Empty Cozumel

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 am

We went to Cozumel for lunch on Thursday. It is located at the east end of the Chapala malecon. They have a good seafood menu. The food was pretty good however the "free" margaritas that come with every meal were even better. Four meals and all you can drink margaritas came to about 460 pesos.

Cozumel Cimg7117

Cozumel Cimg7118
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Cozumel Empty Re: Cozumel

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:41 am

We ate at Cozumel some 7 or 8 years ago on a Friday night. The band was so loud you couldn't talk at the table, but that's not the major complaint. I had a shrimp dish, don't remember the preparation, but it wasn't good. My friend had crab filled with cheese, looked and tasted disgusting. What idiot fills crab with cheese? The food totally sucked. NEVER again and the place was not that clean. Much better and cleaner restaurants in Ajijic than in Chapala any day of the week.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by kiva Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:52 am

I agree with Bob that those free margaritas really go down good on a nice afternoon sitting outside watching folks go by. We had a fairly large group and I thought the food was good. Had Mexican fare and nobody seemed to complain. I wouldn't put it up there on a list of fine dining, but for grabbing a bite on a beautiful afternoon, and having some free margaritas, you can't go too wrong. Wish I was there right now.
kiva
kiva

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:17 am

John, it's beyound the fringe to trash a place you haven't been to in over 7 years. Get a grip. We've eaten there for over 5 years and always enjoyed the food and service.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:17 am

johninajijic wrote:We ate at Cozumel some 7 or 8 years ago on a Friday night. The band was so loud you couldn't talk at the table, but that's not the major complaint. I had a shrimp dish, don't remember the preparation, but it wasn't good. My friend had crab filled with cheese, looked and tasted disgusting. What idiot fills crab with cheese? The food totally sucked. NEVER again and the place was not that clean. Much better and cleaner restaurants in Ajijic than in Chapala any day of the week.

John, I would suggest a few more of those free margaritas next time and then everything will be good..........

Beer Beer Beer Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:50 am

David wrote:John, it's beyound the fringe to trash a place you haven't been to in over 7 years. Get a grip. We've eaten there for over 5 years and always enjoyed the food and service.

If the food wasn't good 7 or 8 years ago and if they are under the same management, then I doubt the food will be any better. I think we gave the place two chances and neither were good, so never again, just like La Taverna.

There are those on here who only give a restaurant one chance and won't go back. Those people will run out of restaurants very soon.

There are the restaurants in Ajijic that have good to great food where the proprieters take pride in their restaurant operations who deserve my/our hard earned US dollar. Those few will survive and we will keep patronizing them.

Does anyone know anything about the new restaurant going in where the old Pedro's was?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Well now, about those "free" margaritas. I just happen to know that there is a fella up in the local hills (and there are those on here who know I'm not funnin' you) who will sell you a gallon jug or thereabouts CHEAP. There are those who say it tastes just dandy, and there are those who suspect it will fry your brains faster than old age.
You figger out where the fountainhead of the free margaritas is likely to be located. (grin)

Personally, I like my tequila from a sealed bottle with a label, but then, I'm just being a nitpicker.

I've never tried the place......but I have to agree that after five or more years........the more recent reviews are more likely to be relevant to right now. Managers change. Cooks change, Times change.

On the new place.....the latest unsubstantiated rumor is that it's to be "Mexican" style.
Buen Suerte and alla that.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:43 pm

You have to watch those margarita. The guys keep filling up your glass and you don't know how much you're drinking till you try to stand up.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiva Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 pm

And what's wrong with that? Beer
kiva
kiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:22 pm

It's really difficult to try to catch a bus staggering around with your lrftover seafood.

Last edited by Ms Mac on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:33 pm

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, four on the floor.
Beer Beer Beer Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Now you got it..........

mariachi
CanuckBob
CanuckBob