INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apartment Prices

3 posters

Go down

Apartment Prices Empty Apartment Prices

Post by mapleleaf Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:34 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm living in Nova Scotia and dreaming about putting these insane winters behind me forever. I've been lurking around here for the better part of a year and have really enjoyed gleaning all the useful information buried in amongst the humour, sarcasm, and occassional craziness.

I'm very seriously considering flying down in October and staying for 6 months. I've got a bunch of questions. My first and most important concerns apartment availability. I don't like the idea of renting something sight unseen over the internet. I find pictures to be completely unreliable and also find it difficult to gauge the neighbourhood without feet on the ground. So my plan is to fly down around October 20th and stay in a bed and breakfast or something similar for a week or two while I look for an apartment. My question is how realistic is it to think I'll be able to find a suitable place for 5 or 6 months at that time of year?

This is what I'll be looking for. Preferably 2 bedroom, would consider 1 bedroom. One bathroom is fine. Furnished is a must. I will be trying to live without a vehicle, so someplace central or alternatively I would consider using the bus if that's practical. BTW I'm 50 and in good health with no mobility issues. I need a full kitchen, not necessarily big, but a normal size fridge, 4 burners and an oven with a few cupboards (no "kitchenette"). High speed internet availability. Budget for rent is $750 USD, with an additional $100 USD for electricity, water and gas.

Is this doable or am I out to lunch?
mapleleaf
mapleleaf
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Apartment Prices Empty Re: Apartment Prices

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:38 pm

That is doable. Maybe not in Ajijic village at that time of year but certainly in Chapala, San Antonio, SJC or any of the other burbs.

On the other hand if you found something you think you like ahead of time I'm sure you could get someone from this board to take a look at it for you and advise on the neighborhood.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by mapleleaf Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks for the quick reply CBob. It's good to know I can marshal the forces of Inside Lakeside to be my personal apartment hunters. Expect your orders shortly. Very Happy
mapleleaf
mapleleaf
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:17 pm

We are at your command....... Beer

Of course it will cost you a few cervezas when you get here.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mapleleaf Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:22 pm

Dammit! I knew I forgot ssomething! Beer budget could make this whole enterprise a bust.
mapleleaf
mapleleaf
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Nah......beer & liquors are really cheap here. Wal-Mart just had a special on Modelo. Buy 2 get one free which put it at 98 pesos per dozen (about $8.00 CDN).
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:44 pm

mapleleaf wrote:Thanks for the quick reply CBob. It's good to know I can marshal the forces of Inside Lakeside to be my personal apartment hunters. Expect your orders shortly. Very Happy

I sent you a PM.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down