INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bitchin'

+12
Rosa Venus
Traveller
JayBear
mexicobear
nthensome
Trailrunner
slainte39
Intercasa
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
arbon
oncesubtle
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bitchin' - Page 2 Empty Re: Bitchin'

Post by Traveller Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:21 pm

JayBear wrote:Alas, Spencer, people keep having babies here. Strollers are no doubt very hot commodities. I noticed when I moved here from the US that Soriana and Walmart have large areas devoted to baby stuff. Bit of a shock, compared to the US. The Catholic church has much to apologize for. Which reminds me, which is the leading charity here supporting birth control??
People have more babies in Mexico because there are more young people who are of child-bearing age. The proliferation of such expensive ítems as strollers can be seen in a positive light. You won't see a lot of strollers in Rwanda, which has one of the highest birth rates on the planet.

In Mexico, the overall population is aging and the birth rate is dropping, by the way. The average reproduction rate is 2.29 children per mom as opposed to 2.01 in the US. The use of birth control among women of childbearing age is 70.9% in Mexico compared with 76.4% in the US. This is a 2006 statistic and I expect the birth control coverage is higher now. All these stats are from the CIA World Factbook. So for all you people who think Mexicans still need to get the message to reduce the size of their families, relax. That battle has been won.

And for those of you who think lower birthrates automatically produce a stronger national economy in the short term, here is a 2013 Financial Times article which gives a more complex analysis. Demographics: Birth rate fall and longer life expectancies cloud Mexico's future.

On the subject of charities which support birth control - the Tepehua Project is one of those which supports birth control in conjunction with maternal and child health so that mothers can choose to have families that are smaller and healthier.

Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicobear Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Miss Gringal, Read my posts. I said it was quite a accomplishment to swim across a river. By doing that, you get a wetback! That is a fact. I also do not find a wet tea bag offensive. A dry tea bag is fine too. People dont swim these days to come to the U.S. That was a long time ago. Drug cartels are not stealing strollers.

mexicobear

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Of course the drug cartels don't steal strollers. The Stroller Cartels have that locked up.  Rolling Eyes
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:33 pm

mexicobear wrote:People dont swim these days to come to the U.S. That was a long time ago.

Published in a San Antonio, TX paper today.

"It used to be one a month," Mission Fire Chief Rene Lopez Jr. said. "Now it's one a week."

Drownings in Rio Grande Spike
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:46 pm

mexicobear wrote: Drug cartels are not stealing strollers.  

mexicobear, newsflash. The cartels are stealing strollers. Right now on Zaragoza in Chapala there's a stroller chop shop and you can go in and get any name brand part you want at a discount. They have a whole wall of rims, chrome, spoke, twirlers and solids and their tire selection runs from off road to racing slicks. The carriages alone take up half the shop with sheepskin, alpaca and zebra to name just a few of the custom fabrics. Also, for the discerning customer, right there on top of the sales counter is the display to end all displays of binkies with motifs ranging from skull and cross bones with zeta grips to the traditional pinkies. Check it out sometime, you just might learn something.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Oncesubtle, thank you for the clarification. I hope mexicobear will learn something and stop spreading his ignorant distortions of the dark stroller underworld. I intend to borrow my neighbor's baby (for cover) and go in to check out the stroller chop shop for myself.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Bitchin' - Page 2 Empty NOT Bitchin'

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:06 pm

oncesubtle wrote:But then I had a nice breakfast on the terrace, noticed all the birds chirping, the beautiful day and it occurred to me I would never even consider leaving.  

I like that part of this thread best.

I had to do a little bit of work this morning, but then someone convinced me to take the rest of the day off. (She had an easy job convincing me.) So I had a tasty and filling brunch, enjoyed the amazing weather, read a book in the Ajijic Plaza and at the malecón, poked around and enjoyed the vibe in town. Etc.

How hard is this?

Last edited by Rosa Venus on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:08 pm

With all the moanin and groanin from the few I'd say it's damn near impossible, but what do we know?
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Oncesubtle, thank you for the clarification. I hope mexicobear will learn something and stop spreading his ignorant distortions of the dark stroller underworld. I intend to borrow my neighbor's baby (for cover) and go in to check out the stroller chop shop for myself.

You're welcome Lady and have fun, it really is something to see. Ask for Elvira, she speaks perfect English and with a little prodding she may even show you the bargain bin in the back. That's where they keep the novelty stuff like mini-AKA's, hip baby shades, gangsta rap tapes in baby rap and much more.

I don't think mbear will go there, he seems content in his ignorant bliss. Too bad.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Perhaps we could sponsor a stroller program with a free binky?

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gobluejohn Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:14 am

We have lived here for 6 years, and I watch the same news from Detroit, where I grew up, and my poor brother retired there, to be with family. So I didn't shovel snow or have it not get above 32 degrees for a month this winter. Be Happy!
gobluejohn
gobluejohn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:36 am

What It's Like To Go A Month Without Complaining
Join us Tuesday, March 10th at 11 a.m. for a live Q&A with the creators of the Complaint Restraint Project, Thierry Blancpain and Pieter Pelgrims.

http://complaintrestraint.com/

http://live.fastcompany.com/Event/What_Its_Like_To_Go_A_Month_Without_Complaining
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:43 am

Wow Kiri, thank youuuuuuuuuu! This is the kinda stuff I'd like to see in a modern day bible.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:23 am

Stroller was $550 new and bought it back (just bottom part) for 900 pesos

Bitchin' - Page 2 10331602-1
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 am

wadda deal ya got spence-jaja!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:03 am

Intercasa wrote:Stroller was $550 new and bought it back (just bottom part) for 900 pesos

Bitchin' - Page 2 10331602-1
Who'd you buy it back from?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:17 am

Was it Pedro who was looking for some new handlebars? If so I think I have a clue.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum