INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dual Sim Chip Smartphones

+12
tictoc
Woody
JoeInMO
gvprod
Ezzie
chelseagirls
jrm30655
Jim W
Viajero-Tiempo
wildharp
CanuckBob
Playaboy
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dual Sim Chip Smartphones - Page 2 Empty Re: Dual Sim Chip Smartphones

Post by Woody Wed May 20, 2015 11:49 am

Playaboy : The model I purchased is dual Sim and I believe most of the Blu models are as well. Blu makes a ton of different models and it's a bit difficult to determine all the differences among them. I've not seen a comparison chart but basically, it's a choice of screen size, display resolution, dual or quad processor, and how much ram memory.  I settled for Blu Studio 5.0 C as it had good reviews/features and fit my budget. I did call Blu customer service and found them to be very helpful answering my questions. Fingers crossed that all works as planned ! Good luck to you.

http://bluproducts.com/images/studio50c/STUDIO5.0CSGENG.pdf

http://bluproducts.com/index.php/android-phones#

Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Wed May 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Also, I paid attention to the operating bands of the different Blu models. The unit I purchased states "GSM / 3.5G HSPA + Wireless Connectivity. 3G bands, HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 1700.

According to wikipedia,  "Telcel's 3G network is based on UMTS / HSDPA / HSPA+ technology (850Mhz/Band V).  Unlike many companies, who advertise their HSPA+ network as a "4G network," Telcel advertises its HSPA+ Network as a "3.5G network,". As it counts with a 4G LTE Network, which is the one they advertise as "4G.

Hope that helps someone.
Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Satire

Back to top Go down

Post by REC Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:37 pm

I have a Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 Unlocked GSM Dual-SIM Android Phone that I bought on Amazon - about $300. A few less features than the new Samsung Galaxy 6 but I bought it mostly for the dual SIM feature. Haven't really found anything I can't do with it.

I moved over my AT&T plan to this phone while in the U.S. Had to go into an AT&T store to get the right SIM card and have them do some configuration. No charge - took about 20 minutes.

When I got back to Mexico I went to the big Telcel store on the libramiento. Got a SIM card there with the Amigo pay as you go plan.

Both SIM cards are active all the time so both numbers work in both countries. When I am in Mexico and I get a call on the U.S. line. It is obviously roaming so a little expensive but it works. I have a data plan with AT&T that gives me unlimited international data. They don't offer than plan anymore but I am grandfathered so it works anywhere in the world.

No one has called me on the Mexican line while I am in the U.S. so not sure what the roaming cost would be. But I did test it while in the U.S. and that line was active.

So one phone - two SIM cards - completely seamless.

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:22 pm

T-mobile offers free data and texting in Mexico, within your plan limit....phone calls to/from the US are .20 cents per minute, but that may be changing....
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeInMO Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:52 pm

gvprod wrote:T-mobile offers free data and texting in Mexico, within your plan limit....phone calls to/from the US are .20 cents per minute, but that may be changing....

T-Mobile just offered free data,calling and texting to Canada, USA and Mexico this week. There is a stipulation that most usage has to be within the USA, but it's worth looking at.

I have no idea what the T-Mobile coverage is at Lakeside, but if it's good then you only need the single SIM for all three countries as long as you spend more time in the USA than Canada or Mexico. Seems like a good plan, but in my experience their coverage is spotty at best.

I really wish Verizon would open up Mexico, but their coverage maps are not of much use in Mexico. I have unlimited data on Verizon.

-Joe

JoeInMO

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:09 pm

I have t-mobile and use it is Ajijic, data and text go thru MOVISTAR mostly 4G.......clear calling
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeInMO Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:48 am

gvprod wrote:I have t-mobile and use it is Ajijic, data and text go thru MOVISTAR mostly 4G.......clear calling

That's cool. That means you can use ONE number for all of Canada, USA and Mexico and not have any roaming charges. T-Mobile coverage in the USA is very spotty at best. Unless you're near a major city it's pretty useless. I'm glad to hear it works Lakeside.

-Joe

JoeInMO

Back to top Go down

Post by tekno Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:29 pm

I bought a 2 chip 5 inch android phone in Walmart here lakesde 6 months ago. It is Incco Air , 4 core 2 SIM android 4.2.2 . It cost me 2000 pesos. That was CHEAPER than getting anything similar in the USA because in mexico all phones are now unlocked and in USA the unlocked phone sell for a premium

tekno

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:59 pm

They are available on E Bay. That is where I buy my used, unlocked I Phones. Check it out.
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2