INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know how often the Chapala Plus bus runs along the carreterra through Ajijic?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone know how often the Chapala Plus bus runs along the carreterra through Ajijic? Empty Does anyone know how often the Chapala Plus bus runs along the carreterra through Ajijic?

Post by suegarn Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:28 pm

I know that the 'chicken bus' and the larger carreterra buses run about every 15 to 20 minutes. How often does the Chapala Plus bus run, and once it turns onto the Libramento, does it makes stops in front of places like the El Dorado complex?
I'm looking at possible rentals in El Dorado, but I don't have a car, so I would be taking the bus into the village and back.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how often the Chapala Plus bus runs along the carreterra through Ajijic? Empty Re: Does anyone know how often the Chapala Plus bus runs along the carreterra through Ajijic?

Post by Mainecoons Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Not real frequently, I believe. Maybe every hour. Usually one can flag down a bus and get picked up, not sure about this one.

Doesn't El Parque also have an exit on the south side that goes past the little theater and down to the carretera?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how often the Chapala Plus bus runs along the carreterra through Ajijic? Empty Re: Does anyone know how often the Chapala Plus bus runs along the carreterra through Ajijic?

Post by mexicobear Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:59 pm

The bus to Guad runs every hour. I usually see it pass in front of Gossips restaurant around 20 minutes before the hour. This is the one which turns @ Black Coffee, goes directo to Guad. Best to wait for it several minutes earlier. There is also one behind it (maybe 2 or 3 minutes later) which goes directly to Chapala. That one is every 20-30 minutes (2-3 xs per hour). You don't want that one, as you have to get out @walmart, cross, then hike up to El Dorado.

mexicobear

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:08 pm

It is the Chapala Directo, not Chapala Plus, but I don‘t think it makes flag stops. Without a car, El Dorado could be rather isolating unless you are a hiker or want to use a taxi driver. I would look for a rental in Chapala Centro or Ajijic Centro, close to a bus stop, as you will often have packages to carry and it is guaranteed that you will get tired of that rather quickly.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:17 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:It is the Chapala Directo, not Chapala Plus, but I don‘t think it makes flag stops.  Without a car, El Dorado could be rather isolating unless you are a hiker or want to use a taxi driver. I would look for a rental in Chapala Centro or Ajijic Centro, close to a bus stop, as you will often have packages to carry and it is guaranteed that you will get tired of that rather quickly.

Primera Plus, Chapala Directo
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down