INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another fake pedimento scandal?

+8
CanuckBob
Rosa Venus
viajero
gringal
Frijoles
Gamina
Sherman
Intercasa
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another fake pedimento scandal? Empty Another fake pedimento scandal?

Post by Intercasa Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:08 pm

I have been receiving reports and complaints about people who "nationalized" their vehicles at the airport. It would appear that some have paid and not received service while others received papers that were fake. People need to check their pedimentos. The easiest way to spot a fake is if it is dated before you contracted services, i.e. you first went to inquire about car nationalization in May and received a pedimento dated February of the same year, this would be impossible. Some people also have plates but they may have been obtained improperly and could be canceled in the future leaving a person with a vehicle that is contraband and subject to impounding and imprisonment. If you never brought your car for inspection for plates then that is a red flag just as is a pedimento dated prior to the date your customs broker met you.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Another fake pedimento scandal? Empty Re: Another fake pedimento scandal?

Post by Sherman Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:11 am

Car City is checking for the vehicle entries some place on-line. If the vehicle shows as registered on whatever government site Car City folks are looking at, does that mean it's good?

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:14 am

This scandal is blowing up again, please contact me if you nationalized at the airport, chances are uoi have fake papers and we need to do something or you could be detained and your car taken.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:17 am

Sherman wrote:Car City is checking for the vehicle entries some place on-line.  If the vehicle shows as registered on whatever government site Car City folks are looking at, does that mean it's good?

The short answer is NO.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:43 am

Intercasa wrote:This scandal is blowing up again, please contact me if you nationalized at the airport, chances are uoi have fake papers and we need to do something or you could be detained and your car taken.

So what exactly can/must be done if our papers are fake? Gracias.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:50 am

there are many questions crossing my mind .....
with a fake pedimento, and Mexican insurance ....  in an accident, is that MX insurance going to cover?  I'd be surprised.
So, I thought maybe plan B (or Q, or X), put the South Dakota plates back on, which are still current and buy insurance for a US plated car.  Oh, but then, there's that other little factor.  The reason for the MX plates is because of the forced permanente, which is in progress!

And, then, ok, so what does one have to do to get the real pedimento ...  go to the border?  But, drive to the border with fake docs and who knows about the plates?

It goes on and on!

I did not sleep very well last night!  How about you?

Last edited by Sherman on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:55 am

A little off topic, but on TOB there was some, to put it mildly, complaining about the process of nationalizing cars and in one case being "forced" to go Permanente.
I'm curious about the latter: If a person is out of time on their FM3, what are their alternatives, other than leaving the country or going Permanente? Can they start over on temp and keep their car?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:06 am

gringal wrote:A little off topic, but on TOB there was some, to put it mildly, complaining about the process of nationalizing cars and in one case being "forced" to go Permanente.
I'm curious about the latter:  If a person is out of time on their FM3, what are their alternatives, other than leaving the country or going Permanente?  Can they start over on temp and keep their car?  

In our household, neither of us wanted to go permanente, but we were both 'out of time.'
We ran into a scheduling conflict with one person out of country at the same the other person had to go from temporal to permanente ... no other choice but to go permanente or leave the country and start over. We could not have both parties out of country at the same time, so one person opted to nationalize the car (forced) and go permanente and got stuck in this mess.

Second person will go outside of Mexico to start all over with temporal, and will not have to nationalize the car.

We were told there were no other choices.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:30 am

Intercasa wrote:This scandal is blowing up again, please contact me if you nationalized at the airport, chances are uoi have fake papers and we need to do something or you could be detained and your car taken.
This facilitator/coyote Gary Keeler,who defrauded many of these people,including friends and members of his church is currently on vacation in Chile,what a piece of work.
Hopefully he will face some legal ramifications as a result of his fraudulent activities.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:50 am

viajero wrote:
This facilitator/coyote Gary Keeler,who defrauded many of these people,including friends and members of his church is currently on vacation in Chile,what a piece of work.
Hopefully he will face some legal ramifications as a result of his fraudulent activities.

Being on "vacation" implies you're coming back. Ya think? Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:55 am

I just read about this on the other local forum. Gawd, how awful. Con artists suck.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:59 am

Hopefully these people will go to the MP and file a denouncia. It takes a bit of time but having a Mexican arrest warrant waiting for this guys return (if ever) would be a start. At least it would keep him out of Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:29 am

I am working on that but I want to gather together alot of people so it wont be easy to delay things or lose the file or pay someone off.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 am

Maincoons just shut down that thread,he said it was "old news".
What a schmuck.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:45 am

gringal wrote:
viajero wrote:

Being on "vacation" implies you're coming back.  Ya think? Rolling Eyes

Gary told me personally 4 days ago that 'they were thinking of relocating' to Chile. First vacation, then relocation.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:51 am

viajero wrote:Maincoons just shut down that thread,he said it was "old news".
What a schmuck.

What the "old news" was, was the long thread from Gary Keeler hisself from September 2014 explaining what he was going to do for people, how much it was going to cost, and why it was all legit, etc.

Alas. Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Frijoles wrote:

So what exactly can/must be done if our papers are fake? Gracias.

Fake papers means your car is not legal.  I am sorry to say that you should go to the border and formally export/import your car the usual (legal) way using a US bonded agent starting in the USA.  I know this means paying to import fee's twice and that s-ucks big time.

Hopefully, Spencer will be able to assist folks caught up in the GDL airport mess, and the other car import fraudulent schemes happening throughout Mexico,  in getting their "stolen" money back. 

Contrary to other posted reports, the border is not totally closed to personal vehicle imports.  Today, one of my agents at the border told me she is processing 2006-07 nafta vehicles.  She has been doing so for the last couple of weeks.  If your car is one of those years than it can be properly imported today.  She HOPES that in the next couple of weeks she will be able to include more model years.  

The agent I use on the other side of Mexico can only process farm equipment, construction equipment, trailers, and motorcycles.  No used cars or trucks at this time.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:09 pm

This is a shame for all involved.  I am still puzzled why so many people felt it necessary to adhere to only the permenante option instead of taking the temporal option and waiting out a year or two to see what happens and how the procedures evolved.  

If I were caught in this disaster at this point I would be asking counsel if it was possible for me to cancel my permenante status. I would go to temporal or even visitor thus letting me keep the car and wait for the import procedures and INM system to settle down.

Since we have Jalisco plated cars to drive our two US cars are in storage until it is clear how we want to proceed. I figure to be temporal for a long time since I am one of those whom Spencer has noted is unduly attached to their vehicle.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Once you cancel your permanente you would need to leave the country to re-apply for temporal. You must also comply with the new immigration $$$ requirements. I imagine some people would not meet the new $$$ requirements.

Personally I would just get rid of the foreign plated car. It's not worth that much of a hassle.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:22 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Once you cancel your permanente you would need to leave the country to re-apply for temporal. You must also comply with the new immigration $$$ requirements. I imagine some people would not meet the new $$$ requirements.

Personally I would just get rid of the foreign plated car. It's not worth that much of a hassle.

Ah, but to some folks, their car is like a family member or a pet. Parting is just not an option. When our US vehicle left the driveway, we waved it goodbye and good luck......and that was it. Maybe if the car is an irreplaceable classic, I could understand, but...........??? I do have some sympathy for people who can't really afford to replace their U.S. car, since buying a used one in Mexico carries some uncertainties and new ones are costly.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:50 pm

What a schmuck.

Why in the world would he close that thread? This particular fiasco is only just coming to light. There are undoubtedly people driving around in cars that they think they have nationalized legitimately, but haven't. They need to be made aware of the situation.

My sympathathies to those who got sucked into what appears to be yet another car scam.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:
What a schmuck.

Why in the world would he close that thread? .
Schmuck definition;one who is a stupid or foolish person,or an obnoxious,contemtible or detestable person...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hank chance Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Didn't Spencer legalize a vehicle without going to the border? Maybe I saw that on TOB.

hank chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Everyone can share their stories here and spread the word. Thread rarely got shut down here.

That is the reason insidelakeside.com is the "2014 Best of the Best" winner.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:55 pm

hank chance wrote:Didn't Spencer legalize a vehicle without going to the border? Maybe I saw that on TOB.
No,you saw it on this forum,so did I,he even posted photos of his new Jalisco plates if memory serves me.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next