INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official written law about how many pets I can bring?

+6
annabell1952
nthensome
Rolly
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
MyrnaMinkoff
10 posters

Go down

Official written law about how many pets I can bring? Empty Official written law about how many pets I can bring?

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi there!
Thanks to a reply from Rolly on my other wild posting, I am now seeking an official source that states the number of pets (cats) that a person can bring legally when they move. I was told 2 and I hope that means per person, not household.
Appreciating your help with this!
~Mary, Paul and Friends
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Official written law about how many pets I can bring? Empty Re: Official written law about how many pets I can bring?

Post by brigitte Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:29 pm

The rules are strickter by air than by car. I believe that beyond 2 by air, the third pet has to be imported which means getting a broker...
By car, many times they do not even look at the pets . We each had 3. They did not look at the cat but checked out the dogs Some people will tell you they did not look at the dogs either..They checked our rabbies certificates only, other people will tell you they do not check anything.
If you want to be safe take 2 per person and have the paperwork ready in case they ask to see it..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Official written law about how many pets I can bring? Empty Re: Official written law about how many pets I can bring?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:39 pm

I am one of the "they did not check anything" people. I had my dog loose in the car and the cat in a carrier sitting on top of a pile of stuff in plain sight. All my official papers for them were in an envelop in the door pocket. I never had to take it out. At the border I asked if they wanted to see my paperwork for the animals. They said no. At every checkpoint between the border and here, the officer glanced into the car and waved me through.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Here it is in English. Scroll down near the bottom.
http://www.aduanas.sat.gob.mx/aduana_mexico/2008/pasajeros/139_10210.html
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Hello Everyone!
Rolly.. awesome that you found the laws on this and translated to English! You are terrific!
Thanks Brigitte and Lady Otter for sharing your real life experience in bringing along your pets! This is all helping me so much!
Wow... this forum is incredible!!!
Ciao!
~Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by nthensome Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Your kitties are very handsome Mary..(or bonito?)

nthensome

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Thank you!!! Brother and Sister... don't laugh... when we adopted them at a year old they already had these names... Peter Pan and Tinker Belle... but they answer to Petey and Tinkey!
;-)))
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Oregon2LakeChapala wrote:Hello Everyone!
Rolly..  awesome that you found the laws on this and translated to English!  
I did not translate it; Aduana did. It's on an official Aduana website.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Oh that's cool! I have not seen that website, and will give it a look tonight!
Thanks again!
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by annabell1952 Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:58 pm

Hope I don't have any problems with my two cats on the plane. I was told one can be carried on board in a soft carrier and the other one would have to go as cargo. Does anyone know what Copa charges for this. I am a little worried that my cat will start making a lot of noise since it won't know where it is. It is called Baby for a reason lol. But right now only about 4 months old so hopefully by the time we go it will be better

annabell1952

Humor : quick, scarcastic, funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:53 pm

I would get some Rescue Remedy at a local health food store and give the kitty a few drops. I used it for a cat who got car sick if she looked at the inside of a car. I drove from northern Colorado to Chapala with her in a carrier + Rescue Remedy. She chilled out, didn't get sick and almost enjoyed the trip.

When I bred and showed purebred cats, I once flew home from a show with a cat who decided something was very wrong and meowed pretty much the entire time. (Before I discovered Rescue Remedy) I was mortified. WThen another passenger said he was pretty sure it was illegal to have cats on the plane. I told him she was an International Grand Champion (a bit of an exaggeration) who had flown with with me all over the country and that her ticket was as legal as his was. At least it shut him up, even if she continued to meow. Thumbs up
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by annabell1952 Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:09 am

I know you cannot drug your cat. I used to have the doctor give it this fluid that would actually put it out. I had a two hour drive in the car and it was part Siamese so made a lot of noise. Unfortunately cannot go that route. Talked to Copa they said yes one can go as carry on. I cannot have two in kennel even thou will weigh less than 10 lbs. each by time I come. Have to ship as cargo. Does anyone know what I have to go thru with that. They both have been getting shots every couple months. It says something about 10 days before flight. What will the Mexican Consolate tell me has to be done so I am prepared. So much paperwork and stress connected to having your pet come with you.

annabell1952

Humor : quick, scarcastic, funny

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:18 am

For Mexican customs you just need a vet "certificate of health" issued within 10 days of flying down. It is very easy to get from any licensed vet. After that, talk with the airlines about how you go about booking your second pet into cargo.

On the other hand, you could bring a friend down to Mexico with you and they could take the second cat in the cabin with them as you are allowed one each.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:06 am

Down or up Bob? I think she's flying from Ecuador.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:52 am

slainte39 wrote:Down or up Bob?   I think she's flying from Ecuador.
Either direction, you need the health certificate plus a record of all vaccinations showing that they are up to date.
Aduana does not make it easy at the airport. Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Be absolutely certain that you have accurate information on what is required at the airport and that everything is perfectly in order. A friend flew down 6 months ago and her cats spent 24 hours being held at the airport while she was run around in circles over what they said was an error in her paperwork. They were able to straighten it out for a rather high fee.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down